Toast Thank You Hodgey

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll miss his on field leadership and his all round nous. Legend.
Immense and this is the biggest concern next year and beyond that he won’t be there which is scary given how frail our defence is and our lack of leadership down back, which is a compliment to Hodge.

Last edited:
Full credit to Hodge, he got everything out of his body for us. Great work.

Now to see if his coaching has left a mark on our defence next season! Lets hope the boys use his expertise to great effect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was genuinely such a privilege to watch Hodge play every fortnight.

Always knew he was a legend but never really understood the absolute adoration Hawks fans had for him. I get it now. Genuinely one of the best players I've ever seen.

He's done so much for the club and will forever be a symbol of the club's rise out of 10 years of s**t.

He had the chance for the big goodbye tonight. Could have been chaired off, we all stood around waiting for it. In the end he must have decided again, for the final time, to put his team above himself, and perhaps that was the most Luke Hodge way to go.

Will be so sad to never see him in Lions colours again. I suspect we'll feel his impact at the club for years to come though. Love him.

Thank you Hodgey for coming to a Club that wouldn't have had massive appeal to most superstar players and giving us something invaluable - your

experience and champion outlook. I hope our boys utilise what they would have learned under you and turn it into a flag next year.

Will genuinely miss him on field next year. Has been enormous for us since coming up and looking forward to seeing the impact he'll have in a coaching role that isn't on field.
Thanks Hodgey, you're an absolute champion. Wish you could have played in one more granny with us.

Immense and this is the biggest concern next year and beyond that he won’t be there which is scary given how frail our defence is and our lack of leadership down back, which is a compliment to Hodge.
I don’t really agree with your opinion on our backline, if anything it’s absolutely time for boys to be men. We have leaders down back - now is their time.

Massive thanks to Hodgey - what he did for the club was immense, and was a huge contributor to us becoming a destination club. Awesome bloke - while long term he’ll be remembered as a Hawthorn legend, there’s absolutely going to be a tinge of maroon & blue in his blood.

Back in his Hawks days I absolutely loved him and he was my favourite player outside of Johno Brown. Was very happy to have him come up and wasn’t too sure what we were going to get out of him playing wise but that it was unbelievable. A profound effect on our club and hope that he sticks around and stays on board in some capacity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back