Toast Thank You Hodgey

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you Hodgey for helping our club, in giving us supporters some of the most happy times we have had in the last 10 years. Your 2 years of service has been very special even though their were doubters early on. I pray what you have passed on to your fellow defenders can propel us forward even more in the coming years. Had such an outstanding moment after the Richmond game last year were he sat with our sick mum for about 10 mins and did not stop chatting with her even though it would have been the last place he wanted to be. True gentleman.

Was genuinely such a privilege to watch Hodge play every fortnight.

Always knew he was a legend but never really understood the absolute adoration Hawks fans had for him. I get it now. Genuinely one of the best players I've ever seen.

He's done so much for the club and will forever be a symbol of the club's rise out of 10 years of s**t.

He had the chance for the big goodbye tonight. Could have been chaired off, we all stood around waiting for it. In the end he must have decided again, for the final time, to put his team above himself, and perhaps that was the most Luke Hodge way to go.

Will be so sad to never see him in Lions colours again. I suspect we'll feel his impact at the club for years to come though. Love him.
Great post BRAB. Now u understand why us Hawk fans luved this guy so much. We felt a disturbance in the force from his first game. We all know how that turned out...

Commiserations last night but best of luck for next season.👌

Bloody champion ! He has given our club credibility and made players sit up and look at us as a great club to play for.

He needs to be set up in a coaching position for us going forward ,

This chapter closes but I feel there is a very big one coming ! Watch this space

It would have been easy for him to come up here and treat it as a bonus to his Superannuation but he gave it everything he had on and off the field.

And some more.

He really did turn out not to be just a "Good Bloke" but a proved himself as a champion in every sense of the word.

Just a terrific acquisition for the club.

Thanks Hodgey :thumbsu: :footy::brisbane:

He will be missed. Still easily in the best 22 and always grew another leg in September. Such a shame couldn’t get another year out of him but thanks for everything Hodgey!!

May be my head still being stuck in the Voss era in relation to greatness, I've always rated the players who came after that era a level below.

I understood Hodgeys impact beyond footy field when Rayner got drafted. He was over the moon when he got the call from Luke, I could see and understand that next gen who grew up watching Hawks with those premierships showing their excitement about the chance to play with their legend. After living through GH5 and perennial cellar dwelling, we got a no.1 pick who was excited about chance to play with Hodge.

I knew at that point, we've turned the corner and for that I'll be forever grateful. Masterstroke from Fagan and thanks for everything Hodgey !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Sticking around for a few years" though that capacity still to be finalised. Might get more than just one year as an assistant coach (though I'm sure some media stuff too). Seems like the family fell in love with Brisbane and I suspect Hodgey with the Lions.

Great player and person. He gave his all to both teams. What outstanding character. Good luck in the next chapter of life.
Thanks for the memories! 😎👍
Character is the word I loved out of this toast.He has it in spades.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back