Toast Thank you Josh Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

I know its happening but I am still sad :(

such a legend of the game

Sums it up for me as well.

Devastated despite knowing it was coming and had to happen both for JK to be able to enjoy retirement relatively pain-free, and for the club's list management.

What a career the great man has had.

Kennedy has been an absolute legend of the club and as crazy as it sounds, I believe we won the Judd trade

I wish him every success in retirement 🙏

We won 2018 GF with JK kicking 3 goals and Chris Masten getting 14 touches. Fair to say that most blues fans would reverse the trade if they could have the 2018 GF win.

The app notification came through right at the same second his segment started on the radio...the social media intern's timing was on point this morning!

Thank you JK you legend!!! Fair to say some onions will likely be cut on Sunday afternoon/evening

Absolute champion player for us and comes across as the nicest guy. Will be sorely missed. We all knew it was coming as said above but its still sad when it happens. Glad he had a pretty good season too.

Edit: Club was quick to send me the "Thank you, Josh Kennedy! Shop our JK range of apparel and memorabilia" email an hour or so after the announcement of retirement email...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Pies fan, I would always be worried when we’d face the Eagles, as JK would always kick 5 or 6 on us. Which was a testament to how good a player he was, and a great bloke as well.

Have a lot of respect for his resilience this year. His body was sadly not holding up, but to still lead this seasons club goalkicking is an immense effort.

Great career JK. Enjoy retirement, and I’ll be a little less anxious when Eagles games come along now haha

Geez he's been a great player for a long time.
What i loved most about him was his chase downs and tackles. Was probably the best tackling full forward of all time.
Still remember him running past 'speedster' Ash Smith to tackle someone on the hbf one game
Bloody legend

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Marked by Kennedy near where the 50m line meets the boundary. Degree of difficulty high the commentators would say. Could he kick it?

Of course he could. Would maybe stutter, then whack and the ball would curve round and through the big sticks.

What a legend. What a guy. What a star.

Thanks for fabulous memories, Josh.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Posted this on the MB, it’s been a long time since I’ve felt so incredibly sad

I’m so glad he’s leaving when he’s ready and on his terms but geez do we love this guy 🥹
I hope with all my heart we give him a wonderful send off with a win, but at this stage of the season and in our position just lots and lots of love and a goal or 2 will suffice.

Wow, been a long time since a retirement has made me feel like this, genuinely sad and nostalgic.

Last edited:
Absolute champion player for us and comes across as the nicest guy. Will be sorely missed. We all knew it was coming as said above but its still sad when it happens. Glad he had a pretty good season too.

Edit: Club was quick to send me the "Thank you, Josh Kennedy! Shop our JK range of apparel and memorabilia" email an hour or so after the announcement of retirement email...
I imagine that players get a decent portion of any memorabilia sales that are based on their name/likeness. Also, a lot fans would want it. So not blaming the club for getting it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back