Toast Thank you Josh Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

As far as being smart and having "forward craft" goes, these two and Darling were something to be reckoned with. How much space they could create for each other and they all reaped the benefits at different times.

You almost never saw any combination of these two go for the same ball.

They would be in the same packs, but usually only one went up while the others engaged defenders. That forward line and the "synergy" they had is unrivalled.

Throw Cripps in there as well and you see a great mix of not only smarts, but hard work and a great attitude to football.

That 2018 forward line. JK, Darling, LeCras, Cripps, Ryan, Rioli. Our best ever.

A rough cut best Eagles team ever would be 92/94 defence, 06 midfield, and 18 forward line. Then tweak from there.

296380271_1108762583047920_3677722961209751782_n.jpg

I’m not sure if this has been mention. My most memorable JK moments was when he ran pass Ash Smith, who was suppose to be fast and ran down a player. I don’t remember who it was that he ran down but JK always putting in so much effort into defense in his earlier years. I’ll miss this bearded god when he retires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not ready to see him hang them up. An absolute champion of the club and the game. Always humble, but turned a game off his own boot on more than one occasion.

The underrated moment I’ll remember most is his work off the left in the wet vs Adelaide in 2013. Had no right winning that game 😂

I haven’t watched much footy this year but there was no way I was gonna miss the big man’s last game. Shame we couldn’t win but what a way to go out with 8 goals. Would have to put him up there with some of the best eagles players of all time.
Today was all about him and he delivered. Thanks JK

That was a remarkable last game. Amazing way to go out.

The joy on his face was outstanding and no doubt he'll be enjoying that beer or three tonight.

Thank you so much for a remarkable career and bringing us along for the ride.

Enjoy retirement JK, you bloody well earned it.

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

It has been an absolute honour to see the big man's career as a supporter. This club has given us more than our share of champions to watch - McKenna, Jakovich, MacIntosh, Matera, Sumich, Glass, Cox, Cousins, Kerr, Judd, Wirrapunda - and Josh Kennedy is without a doubt among that upper echelon. Arguably the greatest ever Eagle, with the goals record and the number of games, plus the way he has played for the jumper. This will be the club's biggest loss for some time; even worse than when Bunga and Nic Nat go (which will both be pretty awful times). Thanks for everything JK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back