Toast Thank you Josh Kennedy

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the great tall forwards of this era. Played the game honestly - tough, skilful, determined and fair.

In an environment where many fans from every club seem to have endless lists of players they dislike, I doubt JK made any of those lists.

Was absolutely worth travelling for! Might not have got the choccy’s but being in a front row seat to watch my favourite player of all time kick 8 in his final game is something I’ll never forget. Miss you already JK❤️

Wore my massive fake beard to the game as planned #BeardUpForJK.

On his lap of honour, I swear JK noticed it and gave me a fist pump, so I gave him one back almost to check, and he’s come again giving it the big ones.

I’m a grown adult, but I genuinely don’t think I’ve fanboy’d harder in my life. Honestly made my day, which is pretty strange when you think about it. It was always a very stupid idea and just a dumb small way of showing him that I think he’s a legend, and as if he was ever even going to see it. But he did, and it’s made my day. He deserves to know that we love him and I hope he does.

Never much been one for favourite players, certainly not since I was a kid, but I think JK will be very hard to catch upon reflection.

Love you JK. A club legend, a phenomenal footballer and an even better person.

View attachment trim.84E5B015-691E-4830-96A0-8CFBE81F2D97.MOV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great day for the champ.
Arguably in the top 10 greatest Eagles ever. Definetlly in the greatest ever 22.
Don’t think it’s worth arguing if he’s top 10.

1st in Eagles goals.
4th in Eagles games.
7 x leading goal scorer with a real chance at his eighth this year.
8 x in our B+F Top 10
1 x Best Clubman

3 x All Australian
2 x Coleman
1 x Premiership

Nearly jagged a Worsfold Medal in 2016 too which, in our history, is about as far from a forward’s award as it gets.

He’s top 10 and it’s not close. He’s top five. Only argument is whether he’s #1 or not.

Don’t think it’s worth arguing if he’s top 10.

1st in Eagles goals.
4th in Eagles games.
7 x leading goal scorer with a real chance at his eighth this year.
8 x in our B+F Top 10
1 x Best Clubman

3 x All Australian
2 x Coleman
1 x Premiership

Nearly jagged a Worsfold Medal in 2016 too which, in our history, is about as far from a forward’s award as it gets.

He’s top 10 and it’s not close. He’s top five. Only argument is whether he’s #1 or not.

Just keeping it open to anyones opinion. Definitely in my top 10.

Cousins, Judd, Matera, Mckenna, Cox my top 5.

Is Priddis getting in the top 10 or Kerr?
Priddis Brownlow and runner up Brownlow but doesn’t seem to be in anyones top 10 list.

Kerr top 2-3 Brownlow a couple of times and a lot of big games in a huge era.

Midfield ratings are quite interesting in this club seems to be this way with top 3 daylight.

Judd
Cousins
Matera

My ratings below this

Kemp
Kerr
Priddis
Mainwaring
Schuey
Fletcher
Gaff
Turley

Priddis Brownlow and runner up Brownlow but doesn’t seem to be in anyones top 10 list.

Midfield ratings are quite interesting in this club seems to be this way with top 3 daylight.

Judd
Cousins
Matera
I concur with your top 3 of all time.
I think Kennedy fits neatly into the next 2-3 players (with Jackovich, Kemp and Worsfold).

Judd
Cousins
Matera

My ratings below this

Kemp
Kerr
Priddis
Mainwaring
Schuey
Fletcher
Gaff
Turley

No disrespect but Priddis not in my top 30 Eagles. How is he ever going to play midfield ahead of Judd, Cousins, Kemp, Kerr, Shuey, Matera, Mainwaring.
Had a good career no doubt but in my opinion a player the opposition never worried about.

Judd
Cousins
Matera

My ratings below this

Kemp
Kerr
Priddis
Mainwaring
Schuey
Fletcher
Gaff
Turley
No cox?

No disrespect but Priddis not in my top 30 Eagles. How is he ever going to play midfield ahead of Judd, Cousins, Kemp, Kerr, Shuey, Matera, Mainwaring.
Had a good career no doubt but in my opinion a player the opposition never worried about.
That’s fine just a question as his accolades are quite good he finished 11 times in the top 10 in b and f and missed out on a couple of all Australians very roughly. I also rate others ahead of him but he may be a little under rated just wanted a feel from the eagles supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back