Toast Thank you Josh Kennedy

sey666

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Wore my massive fake beard to the game as planned #BeardUpForJK.

On his lap of honour, I swear JK noticed it and gave me a fist pump, so I gave him one back almost to check, and he’s come again giving it the big ones.

I’m a grown adult, but I genuinely don’t think I’ve fanboy’d harder in my life. Honestly made my day, which is pretty strange when you think about it. It was always a very stupid idea and just a dumb small way of showing him that I think he’s a legend, and as if he was ever even going to see it. But he did, and it’s made my day. He deserves to know that we love him and I hope he does.

Never much been one for favourite players, certainly not since I was a kid, but I think JK will be very hard to catch upon reflection.

Love you JK. A club legend, a phenomenal footballer and an even better person.

View attachment 1469936

JK getting his (Honey)Badge of Honour

At the time of retiring, he has the 21st most goals in V/AFL history. By my count the 7th most in AFL history.

In the 18 team era, he had 13 games with seven goals or more. Next closest (Buddy) has done it eight times.

There’s every chance that he will be remembered as the best ‘interstate’ forward ever.

HugeJohnson

Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
You have all been so lucky to see an absolute legend of the game go out in his own terms with a trademark performance like that. To have been able to tune in or go and see him in the flesh for your team all these years after what initially probably felt like a great loss to your footy club when Judd left, in the end what a fantastic result for your club. Probably my favourite key forward after Tredrea, Josh Kennedy was a no-fuss, impossible to hate player, who would mark, go back and kick the goal and was just too good for nearly anyone that stood him in his peak. I'm so happy for him he has a premiership to his name as he deserves and only wish we could have done the same for Gray and Boak at Port. What a way to finish up. Although you didn't get the win, today was all about JK and a rare case of being a much loved player around the competition despite his status and achievements, which I think is testament to the person that he is and the way he played the game. Even when he torched us I could never hate him. (On the other hand... Don't expect a post like this when Shuey hangs them up 🙄🤣)

lloydbraun

Team Captain
May 22, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
f24874aea28e82cea49d7fdda967e7d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
My top 10 eagles of all time (counting careers for west coast not peak performance so total numbers of games played does come into account significantly)

Worsfold 5 grand finals, 3 premierships, 490 games (includes playing and coaching career as he is easily the most influential player to come through for us and I think people forget just how good he was as a young midfielder before being moved to defence and was absolutely elite from 88-93)
Cousins
Matera
Cox
Kennedy
Judd
Jakovich
Mckenna
Kemp
Glass/Mcintosh (I just can't split them)

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
My top 10 eagles of all time (counting careers for west coast not peak performance so total numbers of games played does come into account significantly)

Worsfold 5 grand finals, 3 premierships, 490 games (includes playing and coaching career as he is easily the most influential player to come through for us and I think people forget just how good he was as a young midfielder before being moved to defence and was absolutely elite from 88-93)
Cousins
Matera
Cox
Kennedy
Judd
Jakovich
Mckenna
Kemp
Glass/Mcintosh (I just can't split them)
Good list.
Where do Nic Nat, McGovern and Kerr fit? are they at 11-13?

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Good list.
Where do Nic Nat, McGovern and Kerr fit? are they at 11-13?

Jako was a much better player than McGovern and Naitanui would be behind cox and probably to be fair Michael Gardiner in his prime as a player..

Kerr would have to be unlucky to not be top ten but who then misses out?

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Jako was a much better player than McGovern and Naitanui would be behind cox and probably to be fair Michael Gardiner in his prime as a player..

No he would not. It wouldn't even be close, and that's no slight on Michael.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Probably the most influential key backman of his generation. Teams have planned entire game plans around nullifying him. 4 AAs and played a massive part of our 2018 flag with busted ribs and internal bleeding suffered 7 days before the GF.

Stick your meme up your arse mate- he is well in the conversation.

Last edited:

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

Not asking him to put them in the top 10, asking where they fit after his top 10- they all have claims to be considered for top 10 IMO.
Gov has only played about 170 games so about 100 less than both Jacko and Glass. Not sure if he will have the durability (or years left) to make up those games but if he gets another 3 full seasons and can produce footy to or close to his standards from 2016-2019 then he could potentially overtakes Glass (also on 4 AA).
But please dont mention Gardiner in the same breath as NN. He is well in the big Fijians shadow.

Happy Mastenator

Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Despite our short history we can double up on most positions in creating an all time team and put out two awesome teams. The one spot we have had a real lack has been FF/CHF, with Sumich and apologies to the other options[Lynch/White/Hansen/Langdon etc] there was a massive hole until fittingly for this thread JK took one and made it his own. Darling is on track to at least have a conversation about Sumich's spot/be walk up start in our second team.

Happy Mastenator

Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Not asking him to put them in the top 10, asking where they fit after his top 10- they all have claims to be considered for top 10 IMO.
Gov has only played about 170 games so about 100 less than both Jacko and Glass. Not sure if he will have the durability (or years left) to make up those games but if he gets another 3 full seasons and can produce footy to or close to his standards from 2016-2019 then he could potentially overtakes Glass (also on 4 AA).
But please dont mention Gardiner in the same breath as NN. He is well in the big Fijians shadow.
People seem to forget that Jakovich was awesome, but that peak was relatively short, he played ~120 games before doing his knee. He was still very good, but was never quite the same when he came back.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
People seem to forget that Jakovich was awesome, but that peak was relatively short, he played ~120 games before doing his knee. He was still very good, but was never quite the same when he came back.
I think the fact that he had the wood over arguably the games greatest ever CHF elevates his already very high ranking as a CHB.
I used to hang out every year waiting for the WC v Norf games. Usually scheduled Friday nights under lights (at the WACCA if a home game), not a bloody Sunday twilight match. Those were the days.

Back