Universal Love Thank you SOS

Remove this Banner Ad

what is the fuss all about it? people start, people finish - not everyone says "ok, I'm off" and even if they did people would find some sort of conspiratorial reason for them going - so not everyone is in complete sync? these are relatively new waters for all of us - on the threshold of real, hopefully sustained, success - the next bloke will have a lot easier job than sos ever did - onwards and upwards you clowns, you despots, you thankless hoons, you impertinent jesters.......
Hmmm yeh ok :think:

A big thank you to SOS for having the balls to make the hard calls, lots that I and many didn’t agree with at the time but mostly were the right ones. You have left the list in fantastic shape and will be remembered as the true architect in our upcoming success. I hope you enjoy sitting back and hopefully watching 3 sons become regular first team players.

Thank you SOS.

You brilliantly executed the list management strategy.

In the first year you cashed in on Yarran, Menzel, Bell and Henderson and picked up Plowman, Harry, Charlie and Cuningham (and nailed the number 1 Pick Weitering and Jack at 53 odd). You brought in Wright as a DFA and Kerridge too.

It didn’t work out with Gorringe and Sumner. Lamb and Flip were ok in their time with us.

It didn’t work out with JGM, Lebois or Gallucci.
You culled.

In your second year, you moved Tuohy on and in came Marchbank, Pickett and the salary dump for Pick 135, Palmer. And ASOS. Alas Pickett was not to be but how exciting he was for a bit ... and ASOS for his job on Buddy in that great win ...

SPS, Fisher and Williamson was just great drafting (and bidding on Setters), Macreadie looked so promising on debut until he ran out of gas, Kerr is gone and Polson has not come on.

You culled again.

In the third year Gibbs got his wish and you milked Young Reid. That trade kept on giving ... O’Brien, Kennedy, TDK, half of McGovern. You picked Dow with the burst speed in the middle. You chose Garlett.

In came O’Shea, Mullett and Shaw.

The list was beset with injury, Weiters played forward (beat Rance) back and in the Twos. It was a 2 win year.

You went after Rockliff, Smith and Saad. You had coffee with Stringer.

Rumours you went after Kelly.

You culled again.

Last year you went after Shiel. Bombers set themselves back taking him for so much.

You took Walsh. You did the deal with the Crows. We had Stocker, the Death ride and a first rounder the following year.

Setters, Newman and McG.

We scratched our heads on Finbar and BSOS. And again with Bugg .., Cottrell and Owies have upside. You took Lobbe as insurance.

You culled yet again.

And this off-season you went after Coniglio, Papley and Martin.

You got Martin, Newnes, Betts and Pittonet

And you bid on players other clubs should have in Henry and Green, trades down and got a top few talent in Kemp and Philp who the Tiggies wanted, and then Ramsay, topping up with speed,and rookies with upside in Honey and Phillips.

You culled yet again.

So where are we ... we have little or no dead wood, the prospect of losing Thomas, Simmo, Murphy, Casboult, Ed and Kreuzer doesn’t look as bad as it did a couple of years ago ...

I am sure there are many I have missed or misplaced ... you can’t just get all stars, there are some stop gaps you have to take while the kids come through, and the kids are coming through ...

and players seriously want to come and play for us

The fans are invested and membership is high ...

#destinationclub

That’s the ‘No quick fixes’ I believed in when you started.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you SOS.

In the first year you cashed in on Yarran, Menzel, Bell and Henderson and picked up Plowman, Harry, Charlie and Cuningham (and nailed the number 1 Pick Weitering and Jack at 53 odd). You brought in Wright as a DFA and Kerridge too.

It didn’t work out with Gorringe and Sumner. Lamb and Flip were ok in their time with us.

You culled.

In your second year, you moved Tuohy on and in came Marchbank, Pickett and the salary dump for Pick 135, Palmer. And ASOS. Alas Pickett was not to be but how exciting he was for a bit ... and ASOS for his job on Buddy in that great win ...

SPS, Fisher and Williamson was just great drafting (and bidding on Setters), Macreadie looked so promising on debut until he ran out of gas, Kerr is gone and Polson has not come on.

You culled again.

In the third year Gibbs got his wish and you milked Young Reid. That trade kept on giving ... O’Brien, Kennedy, TDK, half of McGovern. You picked Dow with the burst speed in the middle. You chose Garlett.

The list was beset with injury, Weiters played forward (beat Rance) back and in the Twos. It was a 2 win year.

You culled again.

Last year you went after Shiel. Bombers set themselves back taking him for so much.

You took Walsh. You did the deal with the Crows. We had Stocker, the Death ride and a first rounder the following year.

We scratched our heads on Finbar and BSOS. And again with Bugg .., Cottrell and Owies have upside. You took Lobbe as insurance.

You culled yet again.

And you bid on players other clubs should have in Henry and Green, trades down and got a top few talent in Kemp and Philp who the Tiggies wanted, and then Ramsay, topping up with speed,and rookies with upside in Honey and Phillips.

You culled yet again.

So where are we ... we have little or no dead wood, the prospect of losing Thomas, Simmo, Murphy, Casboult, Ed and Kreuzer doesn’t look as bad as it did a couple of years ago ...

I am sure there are many I have missed or misplaced ... you can’t just get all stars, there are some stop gaps you have to take while the kids come through, and the kids are coming through ...

#destinationclub

So in short, he culled it and killed it.

And now we can smell what he’s cooking.

Thank you SOS.

You culled.

You culled again.

You culled again.

You culled yet again.

You culled yet again.

#destinationclub

Bang on Gap.

Thanks SOS, you have done an amazing job with what you were given to work with. For the first time we have been early adopters of new drafting rules and used them to advantage.

The club has followed the mistake of letting any issues with the role to become a sacking offence, despite universal agreement that you were doing better than most thought possible, by their handling of your departure.

It is embarrassing that this mistake is compounded by the club publicly blaming your kids for being part of your downfall, regardless of whether it is accurate or not. Please be assured fans do understand how much you are responsible for the list rebuild and how much it will be downplayed so others can claim the credit now the hard work is mostly done.

The statement from the club is as embarrassing as an “apology” that states the person is sorry if anyone has taken offence to their comments, rather than being sorry for making the comment in the first place. You are not responsible for others being unable to do their job properly and deserved better

Looks like I will need to resurrect my original sig in here:
Bring back SOS

Thanks again for your efforts to turn this club around and drag it kicking and screaming into the reality of list building for sustained success. Hope you accept the heartfelt thanks of supporters when we raise the cup for Premiership #17.

Enjoy the chance to watch your kids play

Need two statues of SOS at PP now to cover his two remarkable eras, one of his mark of the year and one of him doing the finger point on Footy Classified.

On ONEPLUS A6003 using BigFooty.com mobile app
....the third one for producing two wonderful boys who are playing for our great club....although that statue may be a bit more difficult to design 😎

Thank you Stephen what a passionate and exceptional CFC family whom has given so much to advance our great club, as supports each and everyone one of us are proud of the Silvagni family many years of relentless contribution.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back