Universal Love Thank you SOS

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS that's some time and effort there. Give the man/woman a like you tightarses!
ah, footy forum poetry.......a very narrow niche market these days.........

ah, footy forum poetry.......a very narrow niche market these days.........
ABBA could see the future. Spooky!

Where are those happy days, they seem so hard to find
I tried to reach for you, but you have closed your mind
Whatever happened to our love?
I wish I understood
It used to be so nice, it used to be so good

So when you're near me, darling can't you hear me S. O. S.
The love you gave me, nothing else can save me S. O. S.
When you're gone
How can I even try to go on?
When you're gone
Though I try how can I carry on?

I thought this was a good analysis: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/514862

As pointed out here SOS' performance as our list manager will, in the public eye, be tied to his more controversial moves and how they pan out. If Stocker, Martin, O'Brien, McGovern work out he will be looked upon later on as a genuis.

Right now the salary dumps and the risks he took on some mature age players make it easy for the keyboard warrior to attack him e.g.
Palmer
Smedts
Sumner
Maybe some of those were well worth a throw at the stumps, but were ultimately failures.

You can chalk these up as not necessarily salary dumps but failed trades/FA acquisitions:
Fasolo
Pickett
Mullett
Shaw
O'Shea
Gorringe

You can credit these throws at the stumps worthwhile, given their contribution on the field for a period of time:
Wright
Kerridge
Lobbe
Lamb
Phillips

Trading for these players that were on other lists look like wins:
McGovern
Setterfield
Marchbank
Kennedy
Martin
Betts
Newman
Plowman

Jury out on:
Lang
Goddard

On his drafting, he must be considered a success overall.

2017 looks like his weakest performance but I think you need to assess Dow and O'Brien's 2020 season. At the moment they are both sitting how SPS was looking preseason 2019, and as we know, he has come on.

We really need all our youngsters to reach a new level next year, especially our midfielders - Fisher, Dow, O'Brien, Setterfield, Stocker, Cunningham. If most or all reach their potential and play 150+ games for us, SOS' legacy will be set in stone.

Last edited:
Thanks SOS for performing well in the position you were well paid for over the past 5 years.

I would prefer that SOS was still with us next year but the fact is that he's not, we will move on and so will he. I don't think that this is the disaster that some make it out to be. Things like this happen at football clubs ALL the time, always have done and always will, no matter how successful they are.

The list that SOS has overseen the assembly of looks like going on to be one that brings us success and like Bolton, when we eventually get to 17 he will have made a significant contribution towards getting us there. It's amazing what someone actually doing the job they are paid for in a competent manner can do for you.

I am not one who is prepared to deify SOS or even suggest erecting statues of him, I just think we should thank him for his efforts and wish him all the best.

Nothing can dampen my enthusiasm for the season that's coming and seeing the club continue to move forward in a positive manner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back