Remove this Banner Ad

GordonBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I am entering into enemy territory to thank the wonderful football club that is St Kilda Football Club.

My brother, who is a diehard Saints fans, passed away suddenly on 21 April aged 32. He has his St Kilda scarf around him as he is lying in his casket.

I am not sure exactly how the club found out, but the Saints have paid a tribute to him on Facebook today and it has really touched us.

I don't know how I can watch another Carlton v St Kilda game again, however I will remember with fondness the games we attended together.

To honour my brother and to thank the St Kilda Football Club, I have purchased membership today and will be doing so every year until I join my brother.

I will not be supporting the Saints when they play Carlton, but for every other game, I will cheer them on to represent my brother's voice.

So thank you again St Kilda. Go Saints!

94881802_10157807078318183_94258133962063872_o.jpg

I am entering into enemy territory to thank the wonderful football club that is St Kilda Football Club.

My brother, who is a diehard Saints fans, passed away suddenly on 21 April aged 32. He has his St Kilda scarf around him as he is lying in his casket.

I am not sure exactly how the club found out, but the Saints have paid a tribute to him on Facebook today and it has really touched us.

I don't know how I can watch another Carlton v St Kilda game again, however I will remember with fondness the games we attended together.

To honour my brother and to thank the St Kilda Football Club, I have purchased membership today and will be doing so every year until I join my brother.

I will not be supporting the Saints when they play Carlton, but for every other game, I will cheer them on to represent my brother's voice.

View attachment 867551
Sorry for your loss mate

It is wonderful that the club has acted this way in honouring your brother.
You have shown us a window into your heart and it is beautiful. We feel for your loss and despite that we can no way be a substitute for having your brother around, we hope the Saints can generate some good times that you might associate with the memory of your brother.

Thank you for telling us

It is wonderful that the club has acted this way in honouring your brother.
You have shown us a window into your heart and it is beautiful. We feel for your loss and despite that we can no way be a substitute for having your brother around, we hope the Saints can generate some good times that you might associate with the memory of your brother.

Thank you for telling us
Thank you for the kind words

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

View attachment 867551
Thanks for sharing your story with us about your brother.
All the best to your family in these trying times.

View attachment 867551

Condolences on your loss mate. You're welcome to cheer us on to honour him any time.

Thank you for the kind words

So sorry about your brother. I saw it on facebook and one of my mates had liked it so had a read of the comments. It seems your brother Sainterman was a much loved guy. Hope you and your family are holding up okay and you are always welcome to drop in here and say hi.

So sorry for your loss GordonBlue.

The feeling you felt today when you saw that post is what your brother would've felt about the Saints all his life...St.Kilda supporters are just different and the bond they share with their club is unmatched IMO.

If you ever need to talk we're here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 867551

Thank you for sharing this GordonBlue.
So sorry for your loss. Sincere condolences to you and your family.
x

Sorry to hear about your loss mate. You can never prepare for something like this.

Wishing you and your family all the best. It must be the most difficult of times.

Even though you don’t support us as your favourite team, I hope the Saints can provide you with comfort and pleasure in remembering your brother. Give us a little cheer every now and then.

And drop by again. We would like to hear from you.

Condolences for your brother.

wins and losses pale ultimately and its the journey and experiences we have along the way that count.
Cherish those memories and thanks for supporting our club for your brother

View attachment 867551
I am sorry for your loss, GordonBlue that was very heart wrenching to hear. Your welcome here any time and when you are up to it, we would be glad to hear some of your stories about your brother going to the footy

condolances to you and your family ...
this is another example of our club being more than just a business that provides entertainment ... it is a community, a family, a tribe...
i know our club did for a period of time lose focus on this but they are right back on the right track in regards of recognising that the members and fans are what make the club ....

View attachment 867551

All the best to you and your family GB.
i hope the Saints help to put a smile on your face and bring back some happier memories of your brother in the future.

View attachment 867551
Condolences to you and your family during this awful time. And thank-you for sharing this with us.

I am sorry for your loss, GordonBlue that was very heart wrenching to hear. Your welcome here any time and when you are up to it, we would be glad to hear some of your stories about your brother going to the footy
There's quite a few, but truth is, most times I went home with him rubbing my face in it.

The game where Saints smashed Carlton by some 100 point, where Carlton kicked 4 goals all game, all by Fev. He gave me so much s**t, I didn't speak to him for a week.

There was another game where again Saints smashed Carlton by about 100points and he basically chanted St-Kil-da clap clap clap all game and evetn during the qrt breaks.

I went with him to the GF replay and I got a bit wasted... ok very wasted and my last memory of the game was Shaw's smother on Riewoldt. I went to the toilet at some stage of the game and couldn't find him. He ran off and sat somewhere else.

I wasn't in the Country then, but when Saints played Cats in the undeafeted game in 09, after the game, he recorded the game, commentated the whole game himself and sent it to me to watch. Every second word is "oh * off ump". I wish I can find it.

There are other games where Carlton won and my favourite is one of those Monday night games we played once and Andrew Walker kicked a goal to win it late. We had a bet that game that the other needed to buy the other a jersey.

Speaking of Walker, we almost had a punch on when Walker and Milne had that game where they were on each other all game. Saints smashed us that game.

Last year, I gave it to him.

I hated him so much each time Saints beat us because he knew exactly how to rub it in.

Oh what I give to hate him after another game Saints smash us.

About a week before he passed, my 2 year old daughter was walking around singing "oh when the saints"... I freaked out as both her mum and I are Carlton fans and the only rule I have to live under my roof is to be a Carlton supporter.

Eddy then told me he has been secretly brainwashing her for a long time and when she goes over, he has a Saint teddy for her that she plays with. I freaked out at him and all he did is laugh. She has not stop singing it since he passed, even though she doesn't know what is going on. She also has the Saints teddy and she hasnt let go of it since

I'm smiling and crying whilst I write this and my god I am going to miss him.

He would have this smirky smile right now and can hear him say "come on, just admit it, you love us"

20200421_200107.jpeg

There's quite a few, but truth is, most times I went home with him rubbing my face in it.

The game where Saints smashed Carlton by some 100 point, where Carlton kicked 4 goals all game, all by Fev. He gave me so much s**t, I didn't speak to him for a week.

There was another game where again Saints smashed Carlton by about 100points and he basically chanted St-Kil-da clap clap clap all game and evetn during the qrt breaks.

I went with him to the GF replay and I got a bit wasted... ok very wasted and my last memory of the game was Shaw's smother on Riewoldt. I went to the toilet at some stage of the game and couldn't find him. He ran off and sat somewhere else.

I wasn't in the Country then, but when Saints played Cats in the undeafeted game in 09, after the game, he recorded the game, commentated the whole game himself and sent it to me to watch. Every second word is "oh fu** off ump". I wish I can find it.

There are other games where Carlton won and my favourite is one of those Monday night games we played once and Andrew Walker kicked a goal to win it late. We had a bet that game that the other needed to buy the other a jersey.

Speaking of Walker, we almost had a punch on when Walker and Milne had that game where they were on each other all game. Saints smashed us that game.

Last year, I gave it to him.

I hated him so much each time Saints beat us because he knew exactly how to rub it in.

Oh what I give to hate him after another game Saints smash us.

About a week before he passed, my 2 year old daughter was walking around singing "oh when the saints"... I freaked out as both her mum and I are Carlton fans and the only rule I have to live under my roof is to be a Carlton supporter.

Eddy then told me he has been secretly brainwashing her for a long time and when she goes over, he has a Saint teddy for her that she plays with. I freaked out at him and all he did is laugh. She has not stop singing it since he passed, even though she doesn't know what is going on. She also has the Saints teddy and she hasnt let go of it since

I'm smiling and crying whilst I write this and my god I am going to miss him.

He would have this smirky smile right now and can hear him say "come on, just admit it, you love us"

View attachment 868501

that is such a touching and beautiful post. sorry for your loss brother

Remove this Banner Ad

Back