Toast Thank you St Kilda Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

There's quite a few, but truth is, most times I went home with him rubbing my face in it.

The game where Saints smashed Carlton by some 100 point, where Carlton kicked 4 goals all game, all by Fev. He gave me so much s**t, I didn't speak to him for a week.

There was another game where again Saints smashed Carlton by about 100points and he basically chanted St-Kil-da clap clap clap all game and evetn during the qrt breaks.

I went with him to the GF replay and I got a bit wasted... ok very wasted and my last memory of the game was Shaw's smother on Riewoldt. I went to the toilet at some stage of the game and couldn't find him. He ran off and sat somewhere else.

I wasn't in the Country then, but when Saints played Cats in the undeafeted game in 09, after the game, he recorded the game, commentated the whole game himself and sent it to me to watch. Every second word is "oh fu** off ump". I wish I can find it.

There are other games where Carlton won and my favourite is one of those Monday night games we played once and Andrew Walker kicked a goal to win it late. We had a bet that game that the other needed to buy the other a jersey.

Speaking of Walker, we almost had a punch on when Walker and Milne had that game where they were on each other all game. Saints smashed us that game.

Last year, I gave it to him.

I hated him so much each time Saints beat us because he knew exactly how to rub it in.

Oh what I give to hate him after another game Saints smash us.

About a week before he passed, my 2 year old daughter was walking around singing "oh when the saints"... I freaked out as both her mum and I are Carlton fans and the only rule I have to live under my roof is to be a Carlton supporter.

Eddy then told me he has been secretly brainwashing her for a long time and when she goes over, he has a Saint teddy for her that she plays with. I freaked out at him and all he did is laugh. She has not stop singing it since he passed, even though she doesn't know what is going on. She also has the Saints teddy and she hasnt let go of it since

I'm smiling and crying whilst I write this and my god I am going to miss him.

He would have this smirky smile right now and can hear him say "come on, just admit it, you love us"

View attachment 868501

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Beautiful

There's quite a few, but truth is, most times I went home with him rubbing my face in it.

The game where Saints smashed Carlton by some 100 point, where Carlton kicked 4 goals all game, all by Fev. He gave me so much s**t, I didn't speak to him for a week.

There was another game where again Saints smashed Carlton by about 100points and he basically chanted St-Kil-da clap clap clap all game and evetn during the qrt breaks.

I went with him to the GF replay and I got a bit wasted... ok very wasted and my last memory of the game was Shaw's smother on Riewoldt. I went to the toilet at some stage of the game and couldn't find him. He ran off and sat somewhere else.

I wasn't in the Country then, but when Saints played Cats in the undeafeted game in 09, after the game, he recorded the game, commentated the whole game himself and sent it to me to watch. Every second word is "oh fu** off ump". I wish I can find it.

There are other games where Carlton won and my favourite is one of those Monday night games we played once and Andrew Walker kicked a goal to win it late. We had a bet that game that the other needed to buy the other a jersey.

Speaking of Walker, we almost had a punch on when Walker and Milne had that game where they were on each other all game. Saints smashed us that game.

I hated him so much each time Saints beat us because he knew exactly how to rub it in.

About a week before he passed, my 2 year old daughter was walking around singing "oh when the saints"... I freaked out as both her mum and I are Carlton fans and the only rule I have to live under my roof is to be a Carlton supporter.

Eddy then told me he has been secretly brainwashing her for a long time and when she goes over, he has a Saint teddy for her that she plays with. I freaked out at him and all he did is laugh. She has not stop singing it since he passed, even though she doesn't know what is going on. She also has the Saints teddy and she hasnt let go of it since

He would have this smirky smile right now and can hear him say "come on, just admit it, you love us"

View attachment 868501

Beautiful words GB. I’ve got tears in my eyes just reading this. I hope you get to a Saints game and make yourself known to a few of us.

I am entering into enemy territory to thank the wonderful football club that is St Kilda Football Club.

My brother, who is a diehard Saints fans, passed away suddenly on 21 April aged 32. He has his St Kilda scarf around him as he is lying in his casket.

I am not sure exactly how the club found out, but the Saints have paid a tribute to him on Facebook today and it has really touched us.

I don't know how I can watch another Carlton v St Kilda game again, however I will remember with fondness the games we attended together.

To honour my brother and to thank the St Kilda Football Club, I have purchased membership today and will be doing so every year until I join my brother.

I will not be supporting the Saints when they play Carlton, but for every other game, I will cheer them on to represent my brother's voice.

So thank you again St Kilda. Go Saints!

View attachment 867551
Moving post mate.
Your Brother will be proud of you and thanks for sharing your story here.
RESPECT!

I am entering into enemy territory to thank the wonderful football club that is St Kilda Football Club.

My brother, who is a diehard Saints fans, passed away suddenly on 21 April aged 32. He has his St Kilda scarf around him as he is lying in his casket.

I am not sure exactly how the club found out, but the Saints have paid a tribute to him on Facebook today and it has really touched us.

I don't know how I can watch another Carlton v St Kilda game again, however I will remember with fondness the games we attended together.

To honour my brother and to thank the St Kilda Football Club, I have purchased membership today and will be doing so every year until I join my brother.

I will not be supporting the Saints when they play Carlton, but for every other game, I will cheer them on to represent my brother's voice.

So thank you again St Kilda. Go Saints!

View attachment 867551

I saw the post on Facebook. Condolences to your family at this dreadful time. A nice touch by St Kilda.

View attachment 868501

I hope that the next time i go to saints V blues that i remember your brother and hope he is cheering us on! and if ever go to a saints v blues match it would be nice to meet up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back