Toast Thank you Travis Cloke

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Trav, thanks for memories!

Is it just me or does it look like Trav has lost weight already!

Would also like to thank Dawes as well! Enjoyed watching you and Trav smashing all comers through 2009/2010 and 2011 period .

I may have missed it but has he publicly thanked the Collingwood football club at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be remembered as an all time great of the game if those kicking hips were sorted.

A lovely bloke by most accounts, and I hold no grudge for him extracting maximum dollar from the club. I'd do the same and anyone that says otherwise is full of crap.

Good luck and thanks for 2010.

I'm sure you'll miss the warmth and acceptance of our supporter base. :drunk:

Really loved it when he out-muscled players one on one or clunked a contested grab.
Sadly those days were too few and far between in recent times.
I was fortunate to have been there for his last hurrah against GWS and am glad I was.
Farewell AFL's version of Mitchell Johnson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trav,
There aren't many better things to see than a man mountain standing tall taking grabs. I thank you for that.
When the rest of the competition fans bagged you out year on year, we stuck up for you.
It's a shame many of us get the feeling that through all those years, you only had one person in mind.
If you had shown a bit of leadership, you could and should have been a 1 club player and really respected.
Unfortunately, in my eyes I'll never see you as one of Collingwood's best. Just a player who had a couple of really good seasons but who had more focus on himself than his club and teammates. Darth Vader...sorry I mean David Cloke, provided you with the worst possible guidance. You had the potential to have been a Collingwood great.

Would be remembered as an all time great of the game if those kicking hips were sorted.

A lovely bloke by most accounts, and I hold no grudge for him extracting maximum dollar from the club. I'd do the same and anyone that says otherwise is full of crap.

Good luck and thanks for 2010.

I'm sure you'll miss the warmth and acceptance of our supporter base. :drunk:

Completely disagree with this. Have a look at the great teams likes the Hawks and the Cats and you will see many played for the jumper and their mates and took unders.

Hurley is another who could have walked out but stood by his mates.

Completely disagree with this. Have a look at the great teams likes the Hawks and the Cats and you will see many played for the jumper and their mates and took unders.

Hurley is another who could have walked out but stood by his mates.

Arguably, Cloke would have received higher dollar elsewhere, he just extracted maximum value from his employer. The Hawthorn argument doesn't fly, especially after this year. Mitchell and Lewis. Buddy a few years back.

We seem to have different standards for players that we don't apply to ourselves.

Having said that, I do agree that for some people, a certain amount is enough; they pursue success and happiness once they reach that level.

Arguably, Cloke would have received higher dollar elsewhere, he just extracted maximum value from his employer. The Hawthorn argument doesn't fly, especially after this year. Mitchell and Lewis. Buddy a few years back.

We seem to have different standards for players that we don't apply to ourselves.

Having said that, I do agree that for some people, a certain amount is enough; they pursue success and happiness once they reach that level.

Hawks argument rings true they all played for unders to keep the core group together.

Mitchell was club initiated.
Lewis again was nudged and being that hawks just bought 2 young players in on big coin he saw it as slap in the face.

Both played nearly all their footy without trying to get the club bleed through the nose come contract time. Despite the no doubt large offers that would of been put forward.

Buddy only one who took an unprecedented deal.

Hawks argument rings true they all played for unders to keep the core group together.

Mitchell was club initiated.
Lewis again was nudged and being that hawks just bought 2 young players in on big coin he saw it as slap in the face.

Both played nearly all their footy without trying to get the club bleed through the nose come contract time. Despite the no doubt large offers that would of been put forward.

Buddy only one who took an unprecedented deal.

Fair points all. No doubt that at the peak of their powers some of the Hawk stars chose sustained success over more money elsewhere.

Did Trav really bleed the club? If he performed the way he did in 2011 I'd have thought no. In hindsight the club did pay overs as his performances declined, but the amount at the time I thought was fair market value.

I am a fan of Clokey. I do laugh a bit at how his value has been run down. He is a goalkicker in the current game like few other. Even if years when people say he was no good 2014-15 he was still our best goal kicker. Forwards first job is to kick goals. It's what the good ones do. Clokey will kick plenty for the Dogs next year. My guess he will probably kick morein 2017 than anyone at Collingwood.

Also we are unlikely to have anyone next year who kicks as many goals per game as Cloke did in 2014-15. It's vital that we have someone who can do that and we are probably at least 1 season away from finding someone who can. Clokes value has be greatly written down by the Collingwood faithful. Hopefully with time we will see his real value

I am a fan of Clokey. I do laugh a bit at how his value has been run down. He is a goalkicker in the current game like few other. Even if years when people say he was no good 2014-15 he was still our best goal kicker. Forwards first job is to kick goals. It's what the good ones do. Clokey will kick plenty for the Dogs next year. My guess he will probably kick morein 2017 than anyone at Collingwood.

Also we are unlikely to have anyone next year who kicks as many goals per game as Cloke did in 2014-15. It's vital that we have someone who can do that and we are probably at least 1 season away from finding someone who can. Clokes value has be greatly written down by the Collingwood faithful. Hopefully with time we will see his real value

I can see why the fans get a bit resentful but you're right, he deserves a bit more respect. He didn't deliver as expected after he signed for big $$$$$$, but we shouldn't be completely discounting his contribution.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back