Opinion Thanks Bhilly, I Won’t Boo You!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sadly, could've played 150. But hey his legacy. Didn't draft him in 2011, even though he was a pick 33. We picked Crozier, Forster and Sheridan before him. So bit of a lose-lose in the end. Worked out for him though.

Will have an amazing career and earn a ton of money along the way, but will barely rate a mention when it comes to Fremantle past players. I guess he won a Doig 🤷‍♂️

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers
He played 54 games for the club, why are people acting like he gave us great service? He came in, got paid and left. Good for him but he is far from someone that “bleeds purple”. Will almost certainly play more games for two other clubs than he did for us.
Why the article out there where he describes the Saints as the "perfect club for him" due to their great young list, etc but no mention of really the only reason he went there.....$$$$$$. When we play the Saints next year we need to match up someone physical on him like the Tigers did with McIntosh, etc. this year and took him totally out of the game.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Jesus you guys are way too harsh on Hill. Did what every single one of us would have done if we were in that position. And people forget that when you get into a deep and loving relationship with someone, if you care about them and love them enough, then you're willing to make sacrifices for each other, that's what Brad did for his partner, and I respect that. I think a few people here need a bit of common sense brought in.

Let's just say if St Kilda play over here next year, even though I can't stand the Saints, I'll be cheering Brad when he gets the ball.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jesus you guys are way too harsh on Hill. Did what every single one of us would have done if we were in that position. And people forget that when you get into a deep and loving relationship with someone, if you care about them and love them enough, then you're willing to make sacrifices for each other, that's what Brad did for his partner, and I respect that. I think a few people here need a bit of common sense brought in.

Let's just say if St Kilda play over here next year, even though I can't stand the Saints, I'll be cheering Brad when he gets the ball.

Did she for him though?

Surely they discussed the length of his last contract at time of renewal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

basashi

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
FFC Quay Club

He ratted on a front ended deal. He is a rat.

tacopavlich

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pretty sure the likes of Ablett and Franklin may not have "admitted" it, but there weren't any doubts either were there?

iirc the PR for Ablett was all about "a new challenge" and becoming a leader for a young group. Every player has to represent a narrative that the club want to present, pretty standard for any business for employees that have a public presence. It makes sense to, Hill is hardly going to come out and say "I'm only here for the money".

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pretty sure the likes of Ablett and Franklin may not have "admitted" it, but there weren't any doubts either were there?
From memory Gary Ablett did say that money was a big factor in his move & to be fair they were both out of contract, which is obviously different to Hill.

The question in Hills case, is the money just a bonus or is the girlfriend the bonus?

For what it’s worth I believe Brad & think the money is the bonus.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
From memory Gary Ablett did say that money was a big factor in his move & to be fair they were both out of contract, which is obviously different to Hill.

The question in Hills case, is the money just a bonus or is the girlfriend the bonus?

For what it’s worth I believe Brad & think the money is the bonus.
I think you are being generous. The only redeeming factor for me with Weller, Neale and Hill leaving is the manner in which they did it helped the club get the best possible trade deals in place for them. All three had fairly weak reasons for wanting to break their contracts, and when you strip those reasons away, all three got contracts that paid top dollar.

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
All three had fairly weak reasons for wanting to break their contracts, and when you strip those reasons away, all three got contracts that paid top dollar.
100% This.

I don't doubt that Brad's partner wanted to go back to Melbourne.
Brad then spoke to his little mate Colin Young.
Colin worked out a massive pay day for his client (as it his job to do)
Brad nominated the Saints and the Saints only.

If it was truly a decision based on his partner's wishes, he would've said to Freo - get me to Victoria on a good contract at whatever club offers the club the best trade deal.

This will keep happening across the league until the players have their power stripped back and the clubs are given an even chance - player trading without their consent.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think you are being generous. The only redeeming factor for me with Weller, Neale and Hill leaving is the manner in which they did it helped the club get the best possible trade deals in place for them. All three had fairly weak reasons for wanting to break their contracts, and when you strip those reasons away, all three got contracts that paid top dollar.
Off course they were weak reasons, but are you saying that Brad wanted to go back to Melbourne & used his misses as the excuse?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back