Universal Love Thanks Cyril, 11 amazing years, One of the greatest Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Interview with Cyril on 9 news, reporter asked whether he could come back and play one day.

Cyril: "I'm still young, who knows whether I could pull on the boots again one day... at the moment I'm enjoying my retirement - not retirement - but my break from football."

Hmmm.
Yep. That was so interesting. Definitely didn't want to use the word retirement & corrected himself very quickly. In context, he wasn't referring to the NEAFL either.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

His sister having two still-born sons was something that would’ve really made him feel the pull of home after the issues with his father’s health.

His sister having two still-born sons was something that would’ve really made him feel the pull of home after the issues with his father’s health.

Not sure if this is what did it - but I always felt the family reasons for Cyril to return home for this year weren’t related to his dad and compounded his desire to get home. Reading his article put it completely in context. If anyone still thinks he should have come back for the end of the season based on reading that is a complete campaigner.

Not sure if this is what did it - but I always felt the family reasons for Cyril to return home for this year weren’t related to his dad and compounded his desire to get home. Reading his article put it completely in context. If anyone still thinks he should have come back for the end of the season based on reading that is a complete campaigner.
NOt sure why you feel the need to use the word campaigner.I reckon he’ll get the itch, any problem with that?

NOt sure why you feel the need to use the word campaigner. Why is it a problem for you that people express opinions about Cyril, whether if he may or may not come back. I reckon he’ll get the itch, any problem with that?

If you read the things his family has gone through and why that pulled him back home - and you still think he should have seen out this season when his heart genuinely wasn't in it - then you are a campaigner. I make no apologies about calling it that way. I haven't said anywhere that people can't feel that way - I am just reserving my right to express myself about how I feel if you do feel that way.

If you read the things his family has gone through and why that pulled him back home - and you still think he should have seen out this season when his heart genuinely wasn't in it - then you are a campaigner. I make no apologies about calling it that way.
What do you mean about him finishing off the season?? I was referring to him having an itch to get back. It’s not a ridiculous suggestion and I think there are a few that think the same.
As far as this year, well that’s long gone, no need to even talk about it.

What do you mean about him finishing off the season?? I was referring to him having an itch to get back. It’s not a ridiculous suggestion and I think there are a few that think the same.
As far as this year, well that’s long gone, no need to even talk about it.

Maybe read my original post in full then before quoting me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garry and Tim both seemed confident that he would return to AFL footy on their show this morning.

They weren't claiming to know anything - just offering their opinion - but it was interesting all the same.

Garry and Tim both seemed confident that he would return to AFL footy on their show this morning.

They weren't claiming to know anything - just offering their opinion - but it was interesting all the same.
He won't.

He may play for St Marys. He wants to work with indigenous youths and talent ID. Would be handy to head up our NGA in Katherine.

Anyone listen to the Cyril audio they played on On The Couch?

“Im enjoying retir...well enjoying my time off, you never know what will happen obviously but im enjoying my time here a lot”

Im not shitstirring im just wondering why no one has mentioned it

Anyone listen to the Cyril audio they played on On The Couch?

“Im enjoying retir...well enjoying my time off, you never know what will happen obviously but im enjoying my time here a lot”

Im not shitstirring im just wondering why no one has mentioned it
I think he will play again may not be next year but sounds like he is just taking a break.

Do we get anything if he suits up for someone? Free agent compo?
He’s contracted to us for next year & I think the year after.

Unless we delist him (which we probs will do, I guess) then he’s ours to trade.

I think he’d have to go through the DRAFT if he came back to AFL. I’m sure someone would take him it’s their 3rd, just for jumper sales.

Sounds like Cyril is conflicted and all over the place in terms of playing football versus staying with family. If he's at all interested at playing at another club that is closer to home, like Brisbane or Gold Coast, I'd suggest someone at the club talk to him again, while he's still listed and has some trade value. Sounds like he's done with the Hawks for whatever reason which is fair enough. Would love to have him back if he's fully committed. If it doesn't happen this year I think the chances of him coming back into the system in 2020 are virtually zero.

He said in an interview if he was gong to come back to the AFL it would be with Hawthorn

He's got family and friends after him to play for the Thunder or St Mary's as well

boys I come in peace !! listen we are hearing chatter about Cyril and the lions , only mumbles but it seems to keep surfacing , I got wind of it 18 months back and it has yet again floated to the surface today. look I don't imagine there is anything in it , cannot imagine him in anything but a hawks jumper and I am sure he is happy in retirement

any word down in Melbourne ?

cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back