Universal Love Thanks Cyril, 11 amazing years, One of the greatest Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Today a Collingwood supporter buddy of mine heard a rumour that Cyril will make a come back this year ..... don’t believe it. However has anyone seen Cyril doing laps around the Tiwi Islands and is he still in reasonable shape?

If he did come back would go down as one of the best footy stories ever just ask Bruce.
Well, I haven’t not seen him running laps, so I guess it’s plausiblele...

I also haven’t not seen him doing open brain surgery with a can opener, chop sticks and a wad of blue tack. ;)

Cyril is one heck of a man. The possibilities are endless.
Between not not running laps & not not doing brain surgery, I’ll be surprised if he has time for a footy comeback!

Which was more valuable to the Hawks, 9 years of Buddy or 11 years of Sizzle?

Viewed in isolation, you'd probably value Buddy's contribution slightly higher in a given year, but we got 2 years extra, 2 more flags and a NSM out of Cyril....

Today a Collingwood supporter buddy of mine heard a rumour that Cyril will make a come back this year ..... don’t believe it. However has anyone seen Cyril doing laps around the Tiwi Islands and is he still in reasonable shape?

If he did come back would go down as one of the best footy stories ever just ask Bruce.

I fear for Bruces health if that ever happens

Which was more valuable to the Hawks, 9 years of Buddy or 11 years of Sizzle?

Viewed in isolation, you'd probably value Buddy's contribution slightly higher in a given year, but we got 2 years extra, 2 more flags and a NSM out of Cyril....
I’m just remembering some of those games where both of them went nuts. As a supporter I felt we were invincible (we actually weren’t though).

I think Cyril had an influence on the way we played. It was like Clarko tried to Cyrilise the forwardline - if that makes sense

I’m just remembering some of those games where both of them went nuts. As a supporter I felt we were invincible (we actually weren’t though).

I think Cyril had an influence on the way we played. It was like Clarko tried to Cyrilise the forwardline - if that makes sense

Kicked 14 between them the day we pounded Port by 163 at the G.

Kicked 14 between them the day we pounded Port by 163 at the G.
Kicked 15 between them in Launceston V North in 2012. One may have kicked a few more than the other!

Yeah I read that article too. A couple of important quotes:

"It is understood Ramanauskas relayed West Coast’s interest to Rioli, who laughed it off."

"Vozzo said there was no intention to get Rioli on to their AFL list via the new mid-season draft. AFL rules and Rioli’s release from Hawthorn mid-contract would almost certainly have prevented it.
“I think it is pretty much that he is not going to play in the AFL again and if he did play he would play for Hawthorn. That is my understanding,” Vozzo said."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back