Thanks Essendon! Solly will fit in nicely at Punt Road!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 16, 2003
Who cares?!?!
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just a quick thank you to all of you at Bomberland for giving us the chance to make Solly feel nice and home at Punt Road.

I wonder how Jimmy Hird and Matty Lloyd would be feeling right now... for they take up about 98% of your salary cap right?

No doubt Jimmy would've been giving the old "its not all about the money" advice before making his decision. I hope you whacked him on the way out.

We'll look after you Dean. We've got your close mate Nathan coming over too, and with any luck you might get a chopper ride with big Clinton on your arrival back in Melbourne. I hear the property on the Peninsula is booming!

Cheers all... and thanks again!

Originally posted by Rodgerramjet
Don't get too bloody cocky yet wally we haven't got either of them yet and if your not careful you might end up with egg on your face;)

I know, i know we havent got him yet... but dont you love watching the bombers shoot themselves in the foot. I'd love to see Solly at Punt road, but if he isnt... oh well!

I just love watching Essendon spend all this money on two players, and then Sheedy come out and say that they're being raped or hard done by.

Originally posted by Wally Matera
I know, i know we havent got him yet... but dont you love watching the bombers shoot themselves in the foot. I'd love to see Solly at Punt road, but if he isnt... oh well!

I just love watching Essendon spend all this money on two players, and then Sheedy come out and say that they're being raped or hard done by.

This is very, very funny coming from a Richmond supporter! Gasper sound familiar? How about David Bourke? You have a history of paying big salaries, only difference is, our players are actually worth the money.

I must agree with the title of this post in part. Solly will fit nicely at punt road.......................as he drives in the MCG carpark to get ready to play for the mighty magpies

The only way Richmond are going to get both is if they part with one or two of their big name players and top draft picks.

This means they may be forced into dealing Ottens or Richo.

Bowden and Holland may attract some interest, most likely mid range draft picks (2nd or 3rd rounder) which won't be enough on their own.

Miller will do it... have some faith. I dont know how either, but l've got this feeling that he know's what he's doing.

You can kiss picks 6,21 and 37 bye bye if you get both.

Could be right Doc, I think there could be a big chance Ottens maybe on the way out. In any case I think we will lose 2 big name players as well as Holland in this trade period as well as pick 6 but we may pick up another low 1 st round draft pick, im hoping its going to be 5 or less and hopefully we can get a shot at Colin Sylvia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by SCRAY72
You can kiss picks 6,21 and 37 bye bye if you get both.

I'd actually take that. And l know they arent worth that much, but try to use some other players to trade back into the draft.

Maybe Holland and Bowden as 2nd and 3rd round draft picks?

Originally posted by Balls of Steel
I'd actually take that. And l know they arent worth that much, but try to use some other players to trade back into the draft.

Maybe Holland and Bowden as 2nd and 3rd round draft picks?

That would be the plan I'd say.

Continuing the fine Richmond tradition of grossly overpaying players. I'll be loathe to see Solly go, but i'm going to **** myself laughing as he turns into the next David Bourke or Darren Gasper, players who Richmond grossly overpaid in the belief that if you pay a player big bucks, they're suddenly a better player.

Dean Solomon is a very good, ordinary footballer. 400,000 is the money you spend on superstars. That's about what Tarrant would be on wouldn't it Collingwood fans?

4 year contract as well. Enjoy Tigers, you're going to get burnt again. Hope you lose Coughlan to the Eagles or Dockers.

Originally posted by DonAce
Continuing the fine Richmond tradition of grossly overpaying players. I'll be loathe to see Solly go, but i'm going to **** myself laughing as he turns into the next David Bourke or Darren Gasper, players who Richmond grossly overpaid in the belief that if you pay a player big bucks, they're suddenly a better player.

Dean Solomon is a very good, ordinary footballer. 400,000 is the money you spend on superstars. That's about what Tarrant would be on wouldn't it Collingwood fans?

4 year contract as well. Enjoy Tigers, you're going to get burnt again. Hope you lose Coughlan to the Eagles or Dockers.

Sooky Sooky La La Board

You might find Marcuz there, you can take your medication together!

Not sooking at all. :)

There was a little bit of swearing when I saw the back page of the Herald this morning, there's some Essendon fans talking of burning their memberships or whatever, but that's just a bit excessive. Essendon tend to get out of trade period okay, and the only deal we've really been burned on in a decade or so is the Gavin Wanganeen deal, otherwise we make off like bandits.

I'm just curious what the Tigers are going to offer up for him, because the usual sprinkling of hacks won't cut it. We got pick 27 for Blumfield, and that was a last minute rush thing in the last hour of the last day of trade week. Solomon is twice the player Blumfield is, and Solomon is now one of the top 5 hottest commodities in trade week along with Rawlings, Stevens, Brown, etc.

Originally posted by DonAce
Not sooking at all. :)

I'm just curious what the Tigers are going to offer up for him, because the usual sprinkling of hacks won't cut it.

Dont worry mate... its got me farked as well. I'm positive Millers mindset will be to offload players to other clubs and collect the highest draft picks we can get, and then offload them to you guys.

I cant see you needing any of our players either, but other clubs may find Bowden and Co attractive.

Just a quick thank you to all of you at Bomberland for giving us the chance to make Solly feel nice and home at Punt Road.

I wonder how Jimmy Hird and Matty Lloyd would be feeling right now... for they take up about 98% of your salary cap right?

No doubt Jimmy would've been giving the old "its not all about the money" advice before making his decision. I hope you whacked him on the way out.

We'll look after you Dean. We've got your close mate Nathan coming over too, and with any luck you might get a chopper ride with big Clinton on your arrival back in Melbourne. I hear the property on the Peninsula is booming!

Cheers all... and thanks again!
I would be more concerned about making salary cap room at Tigers and having to offer something in terms of trade value for both Brown and Solomon.

Do you honestly think any club in the AFL would offer Ben Holland over $500K for next year and give Richmond 1st and 2nd round picks as compensation for him?????? I would me more concerned about your own salary cap before mouthiing off on others;)

Re: Re: Thanks Essendon! Solly will fit in nicely at Punt Road!

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
I would be more concerned about making salary cap room at Tigers and having to offer something in terms of trade value for both Brown and Solomon.

Do you honestly think any club in the AFL would offer Ben Holland over $500K for next year and give Richmond 1st and 2nd round picks as compensation for him?????? I would me more concerned about your own salary cap before mouthiing off on others;)

hahahahaha - this is coming from someone that gave up Daniel Wells only last year for a wheelchair bound c*ckhead!

Nice Move - Short memory d*ckhead!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back