Toast Thanks for everything, Ben Stratton - will retire at season's end

1600164086589.png

Stratts was to the 2000's what Chris Mew was to the 1980's. Fantastic player but totally underestimated by the media and so called experts.

A wonderful player and team man who will be incredibly hard to replace.
Although i preface this by saying that Peter nights is my favourite player. I love him he was my superhero but if i had to choose between him and Chris Mew for CHB its Mew every time

Although i preface this by saying that Peter nights is my favourite player. I love him he was my superhero but if i had to choose between him and Chris Mew for CHB its Mew every time
We can still find room for Knights elsewhere ;)

We can still find room for Knights elsewhere ;)
True. I remember sitting in the fwd pocket at junction oval one day, and knights came streaming through the centre after the bounce, sharked the tap, bombed it long into the forward line, a pack formed, the ball came to ground, and knights crumbed it and goaled. Never once appeared in the highlights nor goal of the year talk, but was astounding nonetheless and one of if not the best goal I've seen.

Falco131415

Team Captain
Jun 19, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Stratts was to the 2000's what Chris Mew was to the 1980's. Fantastic player but totally underestimated by the media and so called experts.

A wonderful player and team man who will be incredibly hard to replace.
Ohhh so so true!
Another p[layer on our list now who I think is a dead set super star & doesn't get any plaudits from the media LOL etc. is Gunston.
Was just thinking the other day how Jack didn't get a gig in the All star game for Vic earlier this year.
He is by a mile the best 3rd tall forward option in the AFL!

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ohhh so so true!
Another p[layer on our list now who I think is a dead set super star & doesn't get any plaudits from the media LOL etc. is Gunston.
Was just thinking the other day how Jack didn't get a gig in the All star game for Vic earlier this year.
He is by a mile the best 3rd tall forward option in the AFL!
Will be AA this year.

Charchi

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A couple of things I noticed looking at his highlights this week:
1) courageous,
2) reliable,
3) great clubman,
4) was seriously quick, and that is the problem he's had in the last couple of years, his pace has dropped off which has meant he either doesn't get to contests or he's not composed enough when in the contest due to struggling with an opponent's pace.

Good luck to him in his retirement.

All the times I have been lucky enough to watch training over the years. Both Stratton and Josh Gibson were the only 2 who would not participate in goal kicking practice. After seeing today's effort in front of goal he looked a natural kicking for goal.

Best wished Ben. Your destruction of small forwards was always a master class.

kazzooka

Premiership Player
May 20, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Glad he got to enjoy a goal in his last game. His first goal was when he were 8 goals down and i don't think anyone realised it was his first so nobody even gave him a pat on the back.

Back