Toast Thanks for everything Doc - Taylor Duryea traded to Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Got best clubman this year from memory or whatever they re-named it to. Not an easy trophy to win.

No issues with him going. No issues if he had stayed. He was honest given his ability.

Gave us some good service. Never a champion always an honest toiler who thoroughly deserved his 2 premierships.

I'll always remember him subbing on in the last in 2014 and getting more touches in 20 mins than half the Swans players... (Ok I've exaggerated that) but it wasn't far off it... tho I reckon he took more bounces than their entire team in that one run.

Good Luck, Goodbye, enjoy ever 04/05 years back at the club for the premiership reunions... then theirs the 25th as well etc. If u make 75 then hell turn up too.

All the best for the rest of your career Taylor. Always put your head over the ball and went when it was your turn. Congratulations on your two premiership medallions.

Just the sort of player every club wants. Gave everything whenever he stepped onto the field and worked his butt of to improve his game on the training track

An important cog in two Premiership sides is not to be sniffed at. Thanks for your service Doc, and all the best with the next part of your career

So pleased to see Tay getting another crack , great kid ( now a man ) who with the support of a great loving family did it the hard way ....
The moment that will last forever for me was when Cyril came to the bench in the GF , embraced Tay and on he came ....
There's some shocking heads over there at Doggie land so take ya shaver !!

Good luck to you Tay .

Last edited:
Thanks Doc, wish you well.
Did some pretty courageous efforts on the field. Left good memories of your playing.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks for the 2015 Prelim.

That's about it. lol
s**t post. Lol!!!!!

Doc was a servicable player. Tough, hard, went when it was his turn. Was also a pretty good hands off from outside 50 at goal like birch

I reckon the bulldogs might get a bit out of him. Most of his problems came from turning it over or coughing it up seemingly in key moments, but he was always an above average kick. Maybe just needs to find his confidence.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I rated him more highly than probably most on this board. Look at his record... a very serviceable player for six years, who also was also unlucky to miss out on the 2013 GF. Would rather we kept Taylor than give him away so cheaply. You always knew he would bring 100% on game day despite his limitations. Better than a few players still on our list. His long kicking will be well suited to Etihad.

Thanks Doc. Always gave his all and got the most out of himself. Hopefully finds some form again with the dogs down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the reply.

Clearly Bevo likes him from his past form. Hope there is a few good years of service left in him.

Wouldn't expect he would be a walk-up bet 22 for an entire season based on the last couple of years, but change can be huge for a player. Hayden Crozier just had a career best season in his first year with you guys, so certainly every chance Doc can add some great service to your club. Depth in defence is always a positive regardless.

I for one hope Doc really kicks on at the dogs and has a solid post Hawthorn career, didn't deserve that crap he got on here at times.
Thanks for the countless times you put your body on the line for the brown and gold, good luck for the future.

The fake james sicily account strikes again.
44181633_312832182848192_4814990846594121728_n.jpg

Great club man and tough and uncompromising on the field courageous. Wasn't the most gifted player but made up for it with persistence and a great work ethic. Worked hard to get his chance and grabbed it with both hands good luck Doc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back