Toast Thanks for everything, Ryan Burton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So sad to see him go :( was my favourite player and was hoping to see him in our next premiership team! Hopefully he does a Croad! Chad better perform to soften the blow

I'm sure the majority of us are puzzled by this move,but we can only wish Ryan the best.
Thanks for your time in the brown and gold mate.

Sad to see him go. Feel like he will be a fantastic player, and hope he lives up to that potential, even at PA.

Would have preferred to give up a future 1st instead of Burton, but guessing the club thought he was going to leave us eventually. Getting Wingard as a replacement definitely lightens the blow.

Really shattered Burton isnt a hawk. Really rated him, loved his endeavor to break lines.

His kicking...

Laser beams i would tell friends.

3aadf05a4246a3e76bab5c3bf7b84307.jpg

Cheers for all your hard work and good play at the HFC, too bad we didnt get to see Burton play tall forward, the position he was drafted in, but he was amazing in his first year as the running rebound defender who could also take a tall forward, beat Tex Walker when Adelaide were up and about in 2017, last season wasnt as special, but still really solid and i was hoping to see what he could possibly do as a forward, but now he's gone for a trade, well i wish Burton all the best (except against us)

This is the only downer for me, we have lost a 200 game player in Burto. Hope he does well at Port, but not to well that we regret it if that makes sense.

Really enjoyed watching him develop. You have to give quality to get quality, but damn, did we really need to give this guy up before he even began to reach his peak : (

Sorry but just woke up as it’s 8am over here but not only is it disappointing that we lose a talented 21 year old but picks 15+35+ what else? Wtf ? Or am I seeing it wrong?
Anyway best of luck Ryan, could of been anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry but just woke up as it’s 8am over here but not only is it disappointing that we lose a talented 21 year old but picks 15+35+ what else? Wtf ? Or am I seeing it wrong?
Anyway best of luck Ryan, could of been anything.
Burton, 15, 35 & future 4th for Wingard & future 3rd

its sad to see him go but he will thrive regardless of where he is(maybe not GC). He always seemed to speak highly of the club and his teammates as we did about him. I'm sure hes sad to go too.

Hopefully we see him smashing it up in some SA showdowns in the years to come.

Very disappointed he has been traded, one of my favourites :( Just hope we can get him back Croad style in a year or two so he can get his hands on a premiership cup, can't see it happening at Port. Best of luck Ryan :)

Gutted to see him go. Thanks for everything Ryan and all the best at your new club.

I just heard Cripps on trade radio. He is an absolute liar.

Previously had said Hawks put Burton up. Today he says they have been into Burto for several years.
Saw that too. I reckon Port have been spinning some s**t to fuel the fire that Hawthorn were the major culprits in this. Anyway, sad to see him go but who knows, it could have happened in 1 or 2 years anyway with Port sniffing around. If so, better now than later I guess.

If he hasn't already, Ryan will soon discover the truth about how he was lied to by his manager, his new clubs recruiter, assistant coach and potentially senior coaching staff.

Ryan and his girlfriend couldn't get out of SA quick enough the first time. They were both happy and settled in Melbourne. His dad told him to stay with Hawthorn.

Ryan listened to the wrong people, who within HOURS have proven to be untrustworthy.

He made a horrible mistake and trusted the wrong people. His career now depends on these people.

Good luck Ryan...you might need it.

Very disappointed he has been traded, one of my favourites :( Just hope we can get him back Croad style in a year or two so he can get his hands on a premiership cup, can't see it happening at Port. Best of luck Ryan :)

:'( still very sad, but at least he's not being pushed out by the club. Was more upset about how the media reported the ruthlessness of the club rather than Burton leaving. Can only wish him well for the next journey.

Genuinely hope he does well for himself, the hype we generated for his second year was a lot of fun, the third year took a bit of wind out especially with the poor finals but I know he can make it at any position if things go well for him. Shame I don't trust Port to develop him well.

Had high hopes for the kid was one of the best kicks at our club. All the best Ryan i am sure will put your best foot forward at port. Finally It makes me glad to hear that we didn't put his name up for trade. It was port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back