Universal Love Thanks Langers

Remove this Banner Ad

Cut down just as his prime years were beginning and he was looking like he was on the cusp of elevating his game to A-grade status.

A real shame for both the player and the club - we'd be a better team today if he were in it fit and firing like he was in 2018 that's for sure.

One of the most notable and yet largely unsung and unnoticed tragedies in football over the past few years.

All the best Tommy boy - you'll be missed both on and off the field.

Was expecting the announcement, and was hoping it would come in order to open a list spot and (maybe?) relieve the TPP.

But seeing the AFL app come up saying "Injured Magpie Quits" hit me like a tonne of bricks. Shattering.

All the best to him for the next chapter, whatever it may bring.

Sad for him. He should have been a 200 game player.

The wording of the article on the AFL app says he his walking away from the final year of the contract. Not sure if that means he is also forgoing the dollars. If so, he is a bigger man than Beams (though that was established already).
Rey Mysterio is a bigger man than beams

I remember seeing his debut at Etihad.

Great late pick pick up for Pies. Was a whipping boy on here a bit... but put the doubters to rest in 2018. And would’ve only gotten better reaching his prime years in his late 20s

Scharenberg, Reid, Beams... Another pies player gone who had shocking luck on the injury front. Another ‘what could’ve been’ story.

Good luck to him going forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved him.

"You're just a bogan from Drouin."

Tom Langdon in his first year addressing Dale Thomas as a Carlton player.

We'll be a lesser side for his absence.

Such a rollercoaster career. Late pick in the draft, debuted round 1 and didn’t miss a game for like 2 years. Had that amazing season in 2018 and even better finals series, and then it was just all downhill from there.

All the best Langers, disappointed we couldn’t see more of you, but most all, disappointed for YOU that you didn’t get to show us more!

Had Shaz in front of him for the most, got that wrong, he did enough in the game to be remembered in a positive way and also in leaving.

Sad to see him go, he got to wear the black and white and did that in a GF, has done himself and the Club a service. Great value pick and contributor.

Thanks and good luck

Sad for him. He should have been a 200 game player.

The wording of the article on the AFL app says he his walking away from the final year of the contract. Not sure if that means he is also forgoing the dollars. If so, he is a bigger man than Beams (though that was established already).

You’d think it should be a medical retirement with him getting the last year paid and it not being on out cap.

But the way the last few weeks have been you just know it’ll be included in our cap next year.

I remember seeing his debut at Etihad.

Great late pick pick up for Pies. Was a whipping boy on here a bit... but put the doubters to rest in 2018. And would’ve only gotten better reaching his prime years in his late 20s

Scharenberg, Reid, Beams... Another pies player gone who had shocking luck on the injury front. Another ‘what could’ve been’ story.

Good luck to him going forward

He was a whipping boy for good reason, he had some shockers, we put up with the bad and but just as the good started he gets injured and is done. Classic Collingwood

Very very sad news to have a guy just hitting his prime cut down like this. I was a long term fan and defender of Langers and he was just hitting the levels of consistency you want from your leaders. Good luck to him with whatever the future holds.

Such a rollercoaster career. Late pick in the draft, debuted round 1 and didn’t miss a game for like 2 years. Had that amazing season in 2018 and even better finals series, and then it was just all downhill from there.

I actually think the best footy he played was 2019 before his knee gave away. He was on fire.

Sad news today about Langers' retirement, but unfortunately expected. Turned into a gun defender for us, with a brilliant 2018 GF, unfortunately we couldn't get over the line, but not due to Langers efforts.
All the best for whatever the future brings Langers, and unfortunately prematurely retired, but forever a magpie.

I’m hoping that after a year retirement and some out of the box treatment for his knee that we rookie him at the end of next season. Maybe I’m dreaming but you never know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back