Universal Love Thanks Langers

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprised sadly. I spoke with Tom some 15 months ago and he told me then his knee was done.

A young man of great integrity and was a magnificent contributor during 2018 ... almost a premiership player.

On the bright side I assume his salary comes off the books which must open up more cap space. And of course we now get an able body who can take the field instead of occupy the rehab room.

Sad to see cult hero/villain Langers go. Thanks for the great memories, clangers and all.

This retirement will really help our salary cap. We will certainly have plenty of capacity to go after the best unrestricted free agent talent available next season. That plus Nick Daicos, along with a year’s development for this year’s draft haul, should make 2022 a pretty exciting year for us all.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Always loved Tommy. Saw his first game at Docklands, round 1 2014, versus Freo. We were being hammered, and I remember him standing up and taking a strong mark in the last quarter, when the rest of the team looked like a rabble. Loved his cool temperament, and ability to stay calm and not unravel under pressure.

Always loved Tommy. Saw his first game at Docklands, round 1 2014, versus Freo. We were being hammered, and I remember him standing up and taking a strong mark in the last quarter, when the rest of the team looked like a rabble. Loved his cool temperament, and ability to stay calm and not unravel under pressure.
We also had a great conversation with him at one of the pre-season games at Olympic Park a few years back

Congratulations Tom
A great carear all played on one leg

Cortisone can only do so much

To be drafted as a top ager after missing football as a kid
To preserver thrown pain and frustration
Shows a mental attitude that few have
A six year journey
Hats off to him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to hear, Langers was a terrific player and one we would love to have picking off opposition attacks for years to come. Best of luck in your next challenge.

Liked the guy from the start, good player getting better, unfortunately the knee could not take it anymore, best off luck in retirement, just a shame it was too early.

Sad to see cult hero/villain Langers go. Thanks for the great memories, clangers and all.

This retirement will really help our salary cap. We will certainly have plenty of capacity to go after the best unrestricted free agent talent available next season. payout Beams and half of Treloars salary.

Efa

A little surprised that his career stands at 89 games as he was a mainstay key part of our defence prior to his knee; thought that number would have been higher. That he stepped up and played arguably his best footy in as an undersized key back in 2018 is admirable and was a big part of us coming so close to an unlikely flag.

Should have traded him when we had a chance

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He was at the peak of his powers when we resigned him, had a blinder in a grand final. He’s unlucky, what a champ.

I said this would happen months ago, hence my bemusement at the salary cap issue with Beams also retiring. I reckon Treloars hamstrings are worse than we thought.

Unfortunate to see a guy who was improving every week be cut down at such a point in his career.

He was flawed as a player, but seemed to be bridging the gap in his consistency. His 2018 finals series overall was great & appeared a proper platform to build a significant career off.

All the best in your next venture, Tom.

Oh man, that is a real shame for him and the club. After an awesome finals series in '18, he gets injured on the cusp of his prime footballing years. :(

Gool luck with everything, Langers, and thanks for your service. A pick 65, right? Deserved to get to 100 games, great hands and brave as they come.

My favorite Pies player after Swan retired... Shattered when he was injured and rumors of retirement...

Now it's confirmed... But have accepted it since he should be able to walk pain free... Life is bigger than footy

Thanks Langers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back