Universal Love Thanks Langers

Merlington

Debutant
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks for the Memories Langers.

You got as much out of your frame as possible for a mature age late pick, and there were times you showed far more experienced players a thing or two about composure under the ball in the air. If your disposal had its moments, it also had its good moments, and if you werent lightning quick you had a mighty fine ability to read which bought a lot of yards in the contest, while nobody ever questioned your honesty in having a dip.

I will always respect someone who seemed genuinely interested in having a brief yack with my young son, after a game one day, and had a real smile.

Thank you, may fortune smile on whatever comes next for you in life.

Cyclops

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 25, 2001
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
IOM Gyms, Preston Nth End
Bloody strong hands, very smart and did not let the heat get to him. Beat bigger forwards he should not have been in the hunt with. Despite a very bad run with injuries he gave us a lot of quality footy and did his job with no fuss. Very grateful to him and he will be missed.

Just had a look at the little highlight package they rushed out, bloody hell I had forgotten what a good tackler he was, he only needed to get a finger on some poor bum and down they went.

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sad to see him go. A player I always loved watching.

Got drafted the hard way after missing out in his draft year, had to fight for his chance in the VFL to become a late pick the following year.

Was one of our best defenders from the very first game he played. Was very consistent and played with maturity beyond his years. Gave every game everything he had. Always knew what you were get from him. It's unfortunate his career got cut short by injuries. I thank him everything he did during his time with us and wish nothing but the best for him in the future.

Back