Toast Thanks Rocky for everything

Remove this Banner Ad

RWFFFPT

Senior List
May 26, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Apologies for starting a thread so soon after it was announced we would not be matching Ports offer.

What are your favourite memories of Rocky? It has to be him either kicking that goal from a tight angle against Freo in 2010 or him playing his absolute heart out against GC this year, despite the tragic death of his cousin.

Going to be so ******* sad to see him play for another club. Thanks for everything rocky! Look after him Port, deserves to play finals at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great servant of the club, he had his problems but he fought back magnificently this season to earn back the respect of his team mates and the footy community. We all make mistakes in life it's how you bounce back that defines who you are, I hold no animosity towards Rocky at all, good luck at Port.

I hope he gets to play 4 years of finals football and wins a few, but I can't bring myself to hope for a Port flag, sorry Rocky.

Our time line could see us playing finals footy in 2021 (Rockys last year of this contract), would be great to smash them in a GF that year.

ac4eaa3dcef43f01fa51eb76334c18aa.gif

Love this Bloke, gave everything to the club - albeit he was not always perfect. I Feel he was really hard done by with a lot of supporters but that's footy. Going to be very sad seeing him in a Port Jumper. I think we are also wildly underestimating the hole this leaves in our mid field, if we don't replace his experience in there I feel we are at real risk of losing most midfield battles terribly, god forbid Beams or Zorko go down. God speed Rocky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread will be a mix of people who know why there was so much speculation about Rocky over the years and with people who appreciated his journey with the club as a footballer.

I wish him the best of luck. He may have made mistakes (no one is perfect), but he loved the club. Now he is doing what is best for his family and himself since the club is sort of pushing him out.

My favourite memories are probably his huge 40 possession and 2 goal game against the Bulldogs in 2012 and also the rd 1 game in 2012 against the demons - he kicked something like 3.6 playing as a permanent forward.

His 2014 was pretty fun to watch too.

This thread will be a mix of people who know why there was so much speculation about Rocky over the years and with people who appreciated his journey with the club as a footballer.

Yeah given it's a toast thread, I reckon it should remain as just that. Start up a 'how will Rocky be remembered thread' elsewhere.

Ill miss those kicks from the centre to half forward...... that get intercepted......and a goal kicked at the other end......

But seriously, I think he has made the most of his talent and good on him for that.

Ill miss those kicks from the centre to half forward...... that get intercepted......and a goal kicked at the other end......

But seriously, I think he has made the most of his talent and good on him for that.
Haha I’d typed the same thing but then changed my post!

So much; he couldn’t get out of the place quick enough all the while being a massive reason why the GH5 left.

Im buying that.:rolleyes:
I don't buy into that. There are lots of w***ers at football clubs, but I find it hard to believe one guy was the main reason for 5 players leaving in one year...

I'd be surprised if we offered him as much as Port did, so I'd argue we gently pushed him out.

I don't buy into that. There are lots of ******s at football clubs, but I find it hard to believe one guy was the main reason for 5 players leaving in one year...

I'd be surprised if we offered him as much as Port did, so I'd argue we gently pushed him out.
This is my last post on this campaigner.

If Rocky did to my son what he did to some of those kids, I would have punched Rockliff in the fn head.

May he be the cancerous corporate psychopath at port that he was during his "reign" at the lions.

This is my last post on this campaigner.

If Rocky did to my son what he did to some of those kids, I would have punched Rockliff in the fn head.

May he be the cancerous corporate psychopath at port that he was during his "reign" at the lions.

Bit confused with this post, are you saying you are happy he's gone?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back