Thanks scomo, everyone knows 80% vaccinated is hard to achieve. More spin, we’ll never ‘open up’ with our current set of politicians (of all colours)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, it seems that we got a huge move on. What is the point of bumping this post el champo?

Edit - oh I get it, cheerleading for ScoMo :rolleyes:
Yes and no. I thought it unfair at the time that so many said we couldn’t possibly achieve the target, that it was nothing more than “marketing spin”. Fact is we will hit 70% and 80% in record time.

On the eve of hitting the 70% it is appropriate to bump this and other threads. I don’t expect anyone who mocked the PM to say they’re sorry...

remember, having a slow vaccine program so that we'd have more lockdowns and deaths was all part of the plan to incentivise people to get vaccinated. it was definitely not a result of yet another incompetent, penny pinching and pampering (to antivax/anti az boomers) cockup of a program.

Your words!!!! I bet you were one to mock Scomo for saying we’d hit 80% in 2021

It amazes me how many doomsayers and Morrison haters said we couldn’t achieve 80%, let alone 70% in 2021.

Yep more than happy to be wrong on this.

I'll be honest and say I thought it was of total population when I wrote that.

Also be fair since then we've had an extended lockdown in the largest population of the country and mandates in alot of workplaces (that I wasn't sure if we'd go down that path)

Also strange time to bump seeing as we aren't actually there yet

Yes and no. I thought it unfair at the time that so many said we couldn’t possibly achieve the target, that it was nothing more than “marketing spin”. Fact is we will hit 70% and 80% in record time.

On the eve of hitting the 70% it is appropriate to bump this and other threads. I don’t expect anyone who mocked the PM to say they’re sorry...
Wasn't the concern that most at the time thought that the targets being set were a % of the population? Not of eligible people only?

Hence seeming far fetched.

Yep more than happy to be wrong on this.

I'll be honest and say I thought it was of total population when I wrote that.

Also be fair since then we've had an extended lockdown in the largest population of the country and mandates in alot of workplaces (that I wasn't sure if we'd go down that path)

Also strange time to bump seeing as we aren't actually there yet
We’ll get to 70% next week.

Wasn't the concern that most at the time thought that the targets being set were a % of the population? Not of eligible people only?

Hence seeming far fetched.
Well the article quoted by the OP said “when 70 per cent of the eligible population is fully vaccinated.”

Absolutely correct
“We will get to the next phase [Phase B] when Australia reaches 70 per cent of the eligible population who are double dose vaccinated,” Mr Morrison said on Friday.
“We will get to Phase C when we hit 80 per cent.”

Absolutely correct??? What about “eligible population” do you find ambiguous?

We will hit those targets because there has been a large outbreak of the virus and we have been forced to get vaccinated in order to get let out. I am not sure why you want to cheerlead for the Federal Government here - but I guess when you are looking for sparkles in s**t you can see them if you want to.

“We will get to the next phase [Phase B] when Australia reaches 70 per cent of the eligible population who are double dose vaccinated,” Mr Morrison said on Friday.
“We will get to Phase C when we hit 80 per cent.”

Absolutely correct??? What about “eligible population” do you find ambiguous?

The "eligible population" part. It wasn't clear at the time (at least to me and most people in here who commented) who that was.

Just because your little bump hasn't gone aswell as you hoped, don't take it so too heart

The "eligible population" part. It wasn't clear at the time (at least to me and most people in here who commented) who that was.

Just because your little bump hasn't gone aswell as you hoped, don't take it so too heart
We are at 70% single dose for entire population.

We will hit those targets because there has been a large outbreak of the virus and we have been forced to get vaccinated in order to get let out. I am not sure why you want to cheerlead for the Federal Government here - but I guess when you are looking for sparkles in sh*t you can see them if you want to.
You and so many others dismissed the possibility of hitting the target any time soon. End of story

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL. By your own admission you didn’t understand what was being said but you were still prepared to call it “crazy” and endorse the OP?

Lol Labor I honestly can't believe how the liberals have performed better in a health crisis than labor. This was labors bread and butter and what the * did they do

1. Have an MP running for them blast AZ and rant against the vaccine
  2. Have the QLD labor CHO blast AZ
  3. Have a labor leader leading a failed response in every metric. WORLDS LONGEST LOCKDOWN
  4. Have albo ranting against the Indian travel ban saying it was racist
  5. Having leading states with the worst vaccine rate

What the *. This was labor bread and butter yet they somehow dropped the ball so hard. And before you guys rant about WA and QLD I'll respond with Tas and SA.

If they run those points (except point 5 so not the bag the states) then SCOMO will landslide it through.

I must say I said it from the start but Vaccines and Hotel Quarantine being your election pitch will have egg on your face soon enough. When we hit 90% DD I'd like the see albo talk about muh vaccines then.

LOL. By your own admission you didn’t understand what was being said but you were still prepared to call it “crazy” and endorse the OP?

Posted on the day the info was released a year and a half into a pandemic on a football website. Def worth a random bump to prove a point about your hero Scomo. At the time of my post it wasn't clear to me what eligible population meant.

Funny thing is, nearly all my other posts on this site about COVID have been criticized by the other side for being too against McGowan. My post had nothing to do with Labor v Liberal

Just maybe some people aren't posting from a partisan viewpoint and just on what they think on the info available at the time.

Just a fukn weird bump mate

Google covid vaccinations per capita by state in Australia.

Spoiler alert:

Labour states are in front.

Fully Vaccinated 16+
NSW - 79.8% - Liberal
Tas - 68.1% - Liberal
Vic - 65.0% - Labor
SA - 58.1% - Liberal
Qld - 56.2% - Labor
WA - 55.2% - Labor

First Dose 16+
NSW - 91.9%
Vic - 88.1%
Tas - 83%
SA - 75.6%
WA - 72.8%
Qld - 72.1%

and lol, you live in the worst state in the country for vaccinations, dragging the rest of us down.

We will get to the target, because there is a gun to our heads - vaccinate or stay locked down. Not the same in the UK.

NSW will get to 80%, probably today, I think Vic will battle on and get there but it's going to be a real struggle for the others, imo, unless they have major outbreaks.

ah yes, the "technically its ok by the technical reading of the regulations". that seems to be the libs favourite catchphrase.

that you're raising andres having a picture with the family who he lives as a comparison shows where youre coming from already.

I think you'll find most pollies, if not all, have exemptions to move freely around the country, not overseas though.

Lol Labor I honestly can't believe how the liberals have performed better in a health crisis than labor. This was labors bread and butter and what the fu** did they do

1. Have an MP running for them blast AZ and rant against the vaccine
  2. Have the QLD labor CHO blast AZ
  3. Have a labor leader leading a failed response in every metric. WORLDS LONGEST LOCKDOWN
  4. Have albo ranting against the Indian travel ban saying it was racist
  5. Having leading states with the worst vaccine rate

What the fu**. This was labor bread and butter yet they somehow dropped the ball so hard. And before you guys rant about WA and QLD I'll respond with Tas and SA.

If they run those points (except point 5 so not the bag the states) then SCOMO will landslide it through.

I must say I said it from the start but Vaccines and Hotel Quarantine being your election pitch will have egg on your face soon enough. When we hit 90% DD I'd like the see albo talk about muh vaccines then.

Are you talking about a state hitting 90% or the country as a whole?

I'll eat my hat if the whole country gets to 90%.

Last edited:
Well done everyone. Almost made the 80% at the time of posting. Happy to be wrong as I’m now booking my flight back

I guess I was right that one leader needed to be replaced. The others were stuck in ‘groupthink’ which was getting further and further away from the reality of the rest of the world

And is it too much to ask for other premiers to declare now what the expected arrangements for vaccinated Australians returning to their homes in other states via NSW during November?

cmon guys lift your games (I gather we already know WA)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back