Toast Thanks Stuv

Remove this Banner Ad

The high horse preaching is getting a little rank .... nearly all on this thread are concerned about Jack including myself and I inferred as much earlier in the thread ..... a little joke about winning the trade and a few lose the plot ..... the guy has troubles we understand that ..... he needs serious help we understand that ...... Saints made the right move by letting him go ...... it's a Saints fan forum and it shouldn't be a problem alluding to this fact either

Now I you wanna take offence to it that's your problem

I hope Jack finds strength to get help and get healthy and on the other hand Go Saints!!

This is all ridiculous and the opinion of somebody who has no idea of the facts and of how footy clubs are run.
Geelong knew exactly what they were getting into and so did the Saints, this is the reason pick 58 was traded for Jack.

Spot on - now MG, how is young Hunter travelling? I hope he comes back in good shape and ready to go. Super talent this kid.

The high horse preaching is getting a little rank .... nearly all on this thread are concerned about Jack including myself and I inferred as much earlier in the thread ..... a little joke about winning the trade and a few lose the plot ..... the guy has troubles we understand that ..... he needs serious help we understand that ...... Saints made the right move by letting him go ...... it's a Saints fan forum and it shouldn't be a problem alluding to this fact either

Now I you wanna take offence to it that's your problem

I hope Jack finds strength to get help and get healthy and on the other hand Go Saints!!
This is an odd post. Nobody replied to you specifically, not sure why you think it was your comment that others took issue with. It was actually those that seriously wanted to bring the outcome of a trade into a discussion about what just happened to Jack.

You have to be kidding yourself if you think I or others took a piss take seriously. There's a difference between saying "I guess we won the trade" to a detailed analysis and reasons for the trade. One is a piss take and the other is for discussion.

Bizarre that if taking issue with someone wanting to discuss the outcome of a trade when a guy has just been stabbed is high horse preaching.

This is an odd post. Nobody replied to you specifically, not sure why you think it was your comment that others took issue with. It was actually those that seriously wanted to bring the outcome of a trade into a discussion about what just happened to Jack.

You have to be kidding yourself if you think I or others took a piss take seriously. There's a difference between saying "I guess we won the trade" to a detailed analysis and reasons for the trade. One is a piss take and the other is for discussion.

Bizarre that if taking issue with someone wanting to discuss the outcome of a trade when a guy has just been stabbed is high horse preaching.
Well you commented straight after my pisstake trade comment ..... go figure

The way I read it you were referring to all trade comments considering you said "people"..... pisstake or not

You can climb back on your short horse now ;):cool::p
All good :thumbsu:

I will always be thankful we had Jack Steven during the dark years after Ross Lyon left the club. He was a shining light when we were really struggling. I had hope as a supporter knowing he was playing for us.

I don’t know him but my impression of him is that he is a very shy lad who loves playing football but dislikes the publicity of fame. Every time he was interviewed he seemed a little uncomfortable, not a gregarious type who embraced being in the public eye. But he played magnificently for the club and extended his contract to play with us on multiple occasions.

I was angry when he was traded to Geelong because it was for a very late pick and he was still close to our best player when fit and healthy. But I can understand Geelong’s reluctance to pay a higher pick even though they had plenty to give and it would have looked fairer had they done so. I really thought we had lost a bloke who would be a star for them.

He still may be, but whatever has happened it appears to be very troubling. The details about this unhappy situation will eventually get out. It’s about managing it in the best interests of Jack and his welfare. Geelong seem to be a good club who will provide him with the support he needs.

Hey guys, haven't been on in ages. Pandemic has me flat out.
Thought I'd jump on here to see if there was any extra news about Jack.
I didn't realise there was a prize on offer for being the first to kick the boots in. Any winners announced yet?
I get that some of it is in humour, and I don't mind all that, even when it's a bit soon but some of the other stuff is pretty cheap. But not surprising, I guess.

Anyway, I hate what happened with the trade, but this is a very sad followup to the story for everyone involved. I take no schadenfreude from it whatsoever.

Hope you're all doing OK, it's been a tough and stressful time I'm sure. Looking forward to getting back on here and talking footy when it all starts up again.

Of course the media should be able to report it.

Whether he likes it or not being a highly paid, high performing AFL player makes him a public figure and when public figures turn up at a hospital at 1am after being stabbed and wont talk to the police, it is absolutely newsworthy and fair game to report.

Just as long as **** not the police providing the photographs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will always be thankful we had Jack Steven during the dark years after Ross Lyon left the club. He was a shining light when we were really struggling. I had hope as a supporter knowing he was playing for us.

I don’t know him but my impression of him is that he is a very shy lad who loves playing football but dislikes the publicity of fame. Every time he was interviewed he seemed a little uncomfortable, not a gregarious type who embraced being in the public eye. But he played magnificently for the club and extended his contract to play with us on multiple occasions.

I was angry when he was traded to Geelong because it was for a very late pick and he was still close to our best player when fit and healthy. But I can understand Geelong’s reluctance to pay a higher pick even though they had plenty to give and it would have looked fairer had they done so. I really thought we had lost a bloke who would be a star for them.

He still may be, but whatever has happened it appears to be very troubling. The details about this unhappy situation will eventually get out. It’s about managing it in the best interests of Jack and his welfare. Geelong seem to be a good club who will provide him with the support he needs.

I just hope the Cats kept all the support ( counselling etc ) in place when the COVID19 thing hit, and didn't just cut him loose.

Some on here have been downright idiots and some have said very logical things. The problem is what is logical to us doesn’t seem logical to Jack sometimes. You don’t have to know him to realise he some pretty big problems. You only have to look at the last couple of years. So remember when you say logical things I’m not sure jack thinks the same.
Apart from him wanting a trade to Geelong to be close to his family the average Saints fan doesn’t know any more than that. So you can say just look at the last two years but we don’t know anything. So of course we’re going to want to fill in the gaps after he’s been stabbed in the chest.

Apart from him wanting a trade to Geelong to be close to his family the average Saints fan doesn’t know any more than that. So you can say just look at the last two years but we don’t know anything. So of course we’re going to want to fill in the gaps after he’s been stabbed in the chest.
We know he has mental issues. We know he went away to hopefully improve. We know he was in an incident Saturday night. That is all on record. I’d suggest that suggests issues. And I’m not saying we can’t fill in the gaps. All I’m saying is logical things like tell the cops, get some help and you need to help yourself aren’t logical to him or he would do it. People can knock him but one thing he isn’t is a trouble maker. I’m guessing he is lying in bed hoping it all goes away and he can get better mentally but unfortunately it isn’t that easy.

Gringo, have you run off with my girlfriend?

I was writing a post and my NBN shat itself. I got half a post written and somehow linked yours in and lost most of what I was writing in the process, I was quoting someone else. I don't know what the * happened there.

My thoughts go out to Stuv and his family. Just horrible.
I was writing a post and my NBN shat itself. I got half a post written and somehow linked yours in and lost most of what I was writing in the process, I was quoting someone else. I don't know what the fu** happened there.
On a completely different note, every time I see Malcolm Turnbull I think "your sole substantive contribution to political life was to * over the NBN" (Abbott never would have gotten away with it if Malcolm "Ozemail" Turnbull hadn't given him cover).

On SM-T385 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just hope the Cats kept all the support ( counselling etc ) in place when the COVID19 thing hit, and didn't just cut him loose.

I think the AFL mandated all clubs to keep employing player welfare staff. But presumably it was skeleton staff and they would have been stretched if there were multiple players who were struggling. The task of monitoring players would have been time consuming in itself.

Has the AFL said what the cuts will be at head office ?
My god the 8 commissioners over the last few years paid over 10 mill between them a year with an average salary of around $850 k per year that is a joke

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back