Certified Legendary Thread Thanks to all of you!!! WE EFFIN DID IT!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Champion.

Well done Philly.

2 things come to mind:

and
monty-python-ladies-clapping-o.gif

This has been a most interesting thread to follow. Those of us who have not had to tackle the Family Court system should thank our lucky stars. I am a JP and often get asked to swear affidavits for this area.Some people want to tell you their story when they do that and I am just gobsmacked by what at times seems a heartless system. The thing I can see is the heartache that is created.
Phillyroo - well done. Most times the good guy wins. Your love for your kids is a credit to you and your fight to protect them will have its rewards.
Well done mate and good luck for the future. I hope the money stuff sorts itself out.
You have shown amazing shinboner spirit.

Well done Philly. It's always nice to nail a shot from the boundary line after the siren, but you won the PREMIERSHIP and that's all that matters. Winners are grinners and losers can please themselves!

Ok gang, hopefully this is the last time I'll ever have to update this thread with news from court....
But we ******* win again.
The ICL (Independent Children's Lawyer) recommended that the mothers appeal (application) be dismissed and that even more onerous drug and alcohol screenings take place. We had a shot from outside 50 on the boundary and tried to get costs, and for a moment the judge hovered over the decision like a s**t AFL ump considering whether to pay htb... However she decided to not rule in our favour in that one. So 20kish down in the last few months, but the kids are safe, sound and looking forward to the footy on Saturday. Speaking of which one of the mothers demands today was that our fave subsection "that when the NMFC play in Finals that all visitation with the mother be suspended, so that the children can attend with the father (or something to that effect, been a long day) be amended out of any further orders.... The ICL recommended that this section stay in, because and I quote "it is ABSOLUTLEY in the best interests of these children to maintain their avid love of football with the father, it has helped to bring this family closer, and to get through some adversity through a troubling time! I recommend that this part of the court order remain untouched".... The judge agreed, so on it lives.

I love you all and thank you for all the messages, comments and thoughts. Honestly it means the bloody world to me![/QUOawesome new, 1 for the Dad's of the world! The world would be a better place, if there were no family lawyers. Enjoy!!@@@

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way, I forgot to add this little gem of info from the court result....
Condition number 26.

"That in the event that the North Melbourne Football Club is a team competing in Australian Football League Finals matches, and that these matches coincide with scheduled visitation time with the respondent mother, then the respondent mothers time be suspended from two hours before the commencement of the match, until two hours after the conclusion of the match so both children can attend with the applicant father"

Seeing as we are about to begin a Dynasty of sustained success, this could be a real game changer!!!!
Condition number 26 strikes again.
In court on Friday, in front of a new judge there was some confusion about who the primary caregiver for the children was to the person in the big chair. I asked that she first read the final court order to avoid this confusion becoming an issue. I waited patiently, until the obvious happened. She first looked surprised that I, the father was the primary caregiver, and then looked aghast. She pointed in apparent bewilderment at the papers in front of her, re-reading the section again. Before looking up, directly at me, removed her glasses and said loud and clear "In my life, I have never ever read a family court order that includes a clause about a football club, and that attending a football match is obviously so important to you". She burst into laughter, as did the entire court room, except of course those sitting on the opposite bench to me. My legal advisor, who had obviously not read the court order as she had previously stated she had looked toward me, and said "what the hell is she talking about?"... was a great moment on what was an otherwise gruelling day.

In court on Friday, in front of a new judge there was some confusion about who the primary caregiver for the children was to the person in the big chair. I asked that she first read the final court order to avoid this confusion becoming an issue. I waited patiently, until the obvious happened. She first looked surprised that I, the father was the primary caregiver, and then looked aghast. She pointed in apparent bewilderment at the papers in front of her, re-reading the section again. Before looking up, directly at me, removed her glasses and said loud and clear "In my life, I have never ever read a family court order that includes a clause about a football club, and that attending a football match is obviously so important to you". She burst into laughter, as did the entire court room, except of course those sitting on the opposite bench to me. My legal advisor, who had obviously not read the court order as she had previously stated she had looked toward me, and said "what the hell is she talking about?"... was a great moment on what was an otherwise gruelling day.

Moments like that can keep you going.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Keep your chin up, mate. And get your legal adviser to read ALL of your case.....

Keep your chin up, mate. And get your legal adviser to read ALL of your case.....
To be fair, she is doing it for free, I'm representing myself for everything now. I propped up the legal community for far too long.

Sorry to say I have joined your ranks Phillyroo. Enough said. Good luck pal

Watching one of the sports shows tonight I was reminded of Rod Stewart's classic line re marriage.

"I'm not getting married again. Instead I'll just find the woman I hate the most and give her a house!"

It's no laughing matter when kids are involved and I wish you and Philly the very best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back