Thankyou Daniel Harford

Remove this Banner Ad

And dont forget to include the administration - I dont know who thinks that playing 16 a side on a full size field is a good idea... or trying to tell coaches to think about the attractiveness of their strategy.

But it is a brand new professional competition, in a sport where top level play hasnt really existed before, and where the development and training that the players have been exposed to falls overwhelmingly short of their male counterparts.

I expect that it will have that amateur feel for another 5 years or so - really until the majority have players have been able to play junior footy in a world where AFLW exists.

Having said that though, it is worth being patient for. There is definately a market for the women's game, and one that also catches people who do not support/follow the mens game.

It is a great venture that will only improve year by year. It will obviously never match the mens game, but i reckon a market share (both supporters and $) better than the NBL and A League is very easily attainable.

The coaching is the real issue obviously no research has gone into what's made lower competitions more exciting.

The competition was just rushed to compete with other rival codes simular to when GC was entered into the league, no surprise Collingwood has struggled with how the club has been handled the past 7 years, wouldn't be easy to just add a AFLW and Netball team to an already struggling organisation.

She is seriously the worst commentator/panelist I've ever heard.

She's not articulate. Hardly ever completes a sentence. Etc

I actually look forward to watching her on foxfooty for comedy.

Its actually cringe worthy listening to what she has to say. I love it.

Clearly a case of who you know in the business at the extreme level.

She is seriously the worst commentator/panelist I've ever heard.

She's not articulate. Hardly ever completes a sentence. Etc

I actually look forward to watching her on foxfooty for comedy.

Its actually cringe worthy listening to what she has to say. I love it.

Clearly a case of who you know in the business at the extreme level.

She has a connected daddy. As does her brother. Nepotism at its best.

She has a connected daddy. As does her brother. Nepotism at its best.

I remember watching her on foxfooty with Gale after she got the job.. she had no idea about the role.. all I heard was ummm erghhhh yeahhh then some further crap I couldn't understand. I loved it re.. funny s**t.

I have no issue with what she said.
In fact, that's the nature of the business.

All this rubbish about being "politically correct" and "corporate talk" is pure deflection.

Doesn't matter though.
Siekman will be offered at the very least a further 2yr extension at the end of an review.

It's what we do.

Good to see the AFL's being fair and balanced in their reporting of ANOTHER DRUNK AFL player
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-20/drunk-roo-hit-by-motorbike-suffers-ankle-injury

I guess they didn't go the full WHACK on the poor kid cos JDG has been the benchmark? Where's the other media on this one? Or don't the Roos rate a mention?
In eerie similar fashion to your comment got filed under the "AFLW coaches / administrators having a go at each other " section, which is hardly news worthy. Add the Norf factor, which makes it even less worthy. We are on the other hand Collingwood , where everything is bigger, including the news; not necessarily better.

Good to see the AFL's being fair and balanced in their reporting of ANOTHER DRUNK AFL player
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-20/drunk-roo-hit-by-motorbike-suffers-ankle-injury

I guess they didn't go the full WHACK on the poor kid cos JDG has been the benchmark? Where's the other media on this one? Or don't the Roos rate a mention?
Well to be fair, he wasn't behind the wheel of a metal and plastic missile. The only person he put in danger was himself.
In fact, plenty of people suffer more damage watching their mobile phone.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/38353256/melbourne-woman-killed-by-truck-while-looking-at-her-phone/
And of course, the player concerned hadn't been done over for lying to his club in the last 12 months.
And, as pointed out by others, Collingwood sells.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back