That 70's thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Indianapolis1977_sm.jpg

300px-Muppetannual1977.JPG

Cast-of-Star-Wars-Rolling-Stone-no-246-August-1977-Photographic-Print-C13020877.jpeg

Thanks 1977.

Ripper, Scorcher and Rocka, had 'em all.:thumbsu:

Family had the first two, but can't recall us owning Rocka.

I was very young but I remember playing Blue Swede's version of "Hooked On A Feeling" over and over.

Of course that song was later covered, and vastly improved upon, in the late 90's by the great David Hasselhoff.

Best horror movie ever. Nothing touches it.

Great film, made all the more remarkable by the fact that it was directed by one of the biggest w***ers Hollywood has ever seen.

As for best horror gong, I would also rate The Shining, Alien, Nosferatu, and Romero's Night Of The Living Dead.

(And IMO, 28 Days Later is the best horror that has been made post-2000.)

Unfortunately, none of these films, bar Alien, were released in the 70's, so I'd say The Exorcist has the decade pretty much covered. :thumbsu:

Another classic from the '70's includes
The Exorcist!
:thumbsu:
My favourite horror is Suspiria by quite a long way, made in 76 by Dario Argento.
Argento worked with Romero and Morricone before directing his own shockers.
Way too intense for a mass cinema release at the time, still packs a punch today. Fantastic music by italian band Goblin

Suspiria

[youtube]9srJm5gRRdw[/youtube]

[youtube]UhPuoW04X9U[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]adL3AcecDsY[/YOUTUBE]

In 1975, Russ Meyer bounced out with his breast friends and Supervixens.

supervixens1sz.jpg

Has anyone bothered to check his movies out?? I'm a legs & BOOTS man.

Seen a goodly few.....Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!, Motorpsycho, Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls, Supervixens, etc......

And one of Russ' fine films - Mudhoney - of course went on to be the name of a one of the grunge eras best, and most enduring, bands.

(New album just released.)

In 1975, Russ Meyer bounced out with his breast friends and Supervixens.

supervixens1sz.jpg

Has anyone bothered to check his movies out?? I'm a legs & BOOTS man.
Russ Meyer Films are always good for two reasons.
beneathvalley3.jpg

beneathvalley.jpg

"Faster Pussycat Kill Kill" my choice for repeated viewing.

Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls, Beneath The Valley Of the Ultravixens and those mentioned already, all worth seeing for Meyer's excellent scenic photography.

[YOUTUBE]LKMa9x6OH9w[/YOUTUBE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In addition to the other video games I posted a few pages back, I have been reminded of a few more old gems.....

Scramble

1181242158131.png

Killer game.

And another old fave.....

Rally X

1181242155318.png

Best part is, these two games, and basically all the other ones I posted a few pages ago, are all combined on the one machine at the Epping Pub (for you Northern suburbs folk). Huzzah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back