That cat . . .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2000
Melbourne, Vic.
That funny looking cat from your old emblem came around to my house last night. I don't know what he thought he was doing, but he was outside when I happened to open the front door on some other business.

He was staggering around like an absolute maniac. He'd had a rough night I suspect.

As I didn't want to upset him, I let him pass through the front door (he's not that bad after all). He was staggering so badly that he banged into the door itself on a number of occasions. I didn't make a fuss though.

Anyway. After a while, he gradually made for the lounge room, and sat on the poufe in the rays of the late evening sun (it's daylight saving, you see).

He looked a little out of it, and I wondered what I could do to cheer him up.

I made him some vegetable soup, and fed it to him. I also wrapped a rug around him, as he looked to have the shivvers from too much alcohol abuse. Well, that's what it looked like anyway.

All of the time he kept mumbling something about "Jimmy's stuff". I'm not sure what that was all about. Perhaps something off of 3AW???

Anyway, when everyone else came home, I told them "There's a cat in the lounge. Just leave him be. JUST LEAVE HIM BE, I SAID".

Some people don't listen. Someone tried sitting on him first, and he cracked the knobbies, throwing himself up in the air and rivelling around as if he were fighting an invisible cat. After this, he retired back to his position on the poufe and went to sleep. Phew!

For a moment there I thought we might have seen the end of the world. Well, it might have been the end of something anyway. He could have crapped on the carpet for all we know.

Anyway, I am going home soon. Perhaps that cat will still be there. He was this morning. He looked like he must have hit the booze again after everyone went to bed, cos he was lying on his back (cats don't normally do that you know), spread-eagled with his legs out everywhere, mouth open, and smelling like a pile of Beam-vomit.

Anyway, if he's not at my house, then you'd all better be careful. Just leave him be. He just wants to be left alone, ok.

After all, he's not that bad. He just needs a break, or two.

[This message has been edited by Olmy (edited 06 March 2001).]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back