That improves our chances by 80%

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Shinboners

I'm very wary of the Crows at Colonial. If it was at the MCG, I'd be a just a touch bit more confident.

The Crows strength is in the midfield....at their best, they would be better than North's at our best. Our strength is the forward line. If they maximise their opportunities, I can't see the Crows forwards keeping up in a shootout.

Hard to pick a winner....it could just come down to which ever team is more switched on.

I feel it is hard to pick a winner for this game. I think that Crows have hit some pretty decent form in their last game ... but that is part of the problem. Crows run of really decent form currently stands at just that one game. I fear that the form could disappear just as quickly as it came.

North also had a very respectable showing against Geelong. Like Carlton, Geelong had a lot to play for and North made them look inadequate.

The game is in Melbourne, so that may give North a slight edge, but then again Crows record in away games this year is pretty good.

Very hard to pick a winner.

That does not necessarily mean it will be a close game, but one feels that a close game is far more likely than a blowout.

I'm hoping that Crows can win it. Surely the motivation is high enough, I guess for both teams.

Originally posted by Crows.ok

Now admittedly Port have done considerably better than that this year, but that has precisely nothing to do with your posting "LOWER THAN 13th" on this board .

Its also having gentle digs at detractors that makes it fun. So I intend to go on doing just exactly that, and I don't give a fig if you Port01 think I should refrain. Nor if Macca gets all upset with me, either. It just adds to the enjoyment.

You enjoy bending the truth a lot dont you!!! Youve done it before and you did it up there. I actually said If the Crows fall in a hole and have a real bad season they will finish lower than 13th. I also stated if they ahve a good season they will go between 8-12 and win about 10 games.

You can state i said "LOWER THAN 13th" all you like - but please remember to also put in there that i said IF the crows have a real bad season.

Friendly ribbing the opposition is half the fun of football!!! Dont worry - you dont upset me and never will - unless you kill one of my family members

Originally posted by Crows.ok
North also had a very respectable showing against Geelong. Like Carlton, Geelong had a lot to play for and North made them look inadequate.

I think your win against Carlton carries more weight than our win against Geelong. The Blues also had something to play for (a strong finish to the year to set up a strong challenge for the flag), but you guys put so much pressure on them that they cracked and got thrashed. Geelong were almost as awful on Friday night as my beloved Roos were against Sydney the previous week.

Originally posted by ant
Too true Shinners, I'd love to sneak 8th and play Richmond/Carlton at the MCG, there'd be no pressure on us at all, we could just go out there and try to win the game.

Don't sell the Kangas short either Shinners, you've got the team to go all the way, especially if you play your finals in Melbourne. Your form recently shows you can beat the best in the competition, not saying you will, or that you are a good chance to do so, but you CAN. As for the Crows, we're still decidedly lacking up forward, a key tall, talented forward, we really couldn't match the best teams playing close to their optimum. I reckon the Kangas can. :)

Well, taking a look at our record this year, the only top 8 teams we've beaten were Port Adelaide (in Canberra and in the middle of their slump) and Collingwood, albeit when the Pies were in good form. I think our team can make a good cameo, but we would need an unbelievable amount of luck to go all the way.

I wouldn't mind if the Crows get into the finals........if the Crows played a final in Melbourne, I'd go just for the sheer pleasure of watching McLeod and Jarman play.

Anyway, we'll see what happens next Friday! :)

All I can say is that I am extremely nervous bout this friday night.

Shinners do us a favour and slip a few pills in the drinks of Carey, Rocca, Grant and Pickett

:(

Yep QT, I'm nervous too, there's a real tingling kind of excitement attached to this game, even this early in the week. It's a real BIG game, Friday night, at Colonial, against the rampaging Roos, finals hopes on the line, outside of Showdowns I don't think we've played in such a game since the '98 finals. I just hope we don't get embarassed and put up a good showing. I'm having visions of Carey, Rocca and McKernan marking everything in sight and kicking 11 in the first quarter :( :eek:

This is turning into a battle of the pessimists isn't it?

While you're having visions of Carey, Rocca, and McKernan running rampant, I'm having visions of McLoed and Jarman slipping their way past gang tackles, kicking goals from impossible angles and doing it with such style and beauty that one cannot help but applaud.

But I agree with Ant, the more I think about this game, the more nervous I get, but strangely, the more I'm looking forward to it.

Originally posted by Shinboners

I'm having visions of McLoed and Jarman slipping their way past gang tackles, kicking goals from impossible angles and doing it with such style and beauty that one cannot help but applaud.

Applaud? APPLAUD?????

Hey buddy, I might have to get Damir to pay you a visit, with his home made grappa, the drink that personifies anger and hatred!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back