List Mgmt. That sobering moment when...

Remove this Banner Ad

You realise this club needs a full rebuild before we can contend again, our young kids are simply not there and the ones coming through (Smith Wills Sier Ramsay) just don't look up to it.

We need a few years of 1st round draft picks to fully reset and relaunch... This list is NOT a premiership list
Sadly yes

We need one or two key position pieces and a bit of tinkering to the game style and structures as opposed to a full rebuild. The 'dogs for example were a ramble under McCarthy, however there wasn't huge list changes from that group to their premiership team.

You realise this club needs a full rebuild before we can contend again, our young kids are simply not there and the ones coming through (Smith Wills Sier Ramsay) just don't look up to it.

We need a few years of 1st round draft picks to fully reset and relaunch... This list is NOT a premiership list

I finally understand the sad eyes in your Avatar. But just remember, anger and rage is the pathway to the darkside.

Give Ramsay a break he's just 2 games into coming back from a major injury.

But yes, unless the miraculous happens and we somehow manage to get our best team on the park including Wells and Elliott, it will be another wasted season and the most I can hope for is to cherry pick a couple of winning games against basket case clubs to take my boys to, before they get jaded from watching this s**t and lose interest in football. Or worse still start following whoever their friends go for at school.

I finally understand the sad eyes in your Avatar. But just remember, anger and rage is the pathway to the darkside.

The Darkside is cooler though.

I don't agree. I still think the list is fine. It's easy for players ot look bad under a s**t coach.

No one was talking up the Dogs list as a premiership one 2 years ago. But suddenly a good coach comes along and the players play for him and they suddenly have a great list? Yeah no.

I think a legitimately good coach would do wonders for many of our seemingly "poor" players.

In my eyes, the only ACTUAL terrible players we have are:

- Smith
- Maynard
- Blair

These are 3 players whom the coach has full faith in and gives them opportunities week in week out despite having no good reason to and they STILL look terrible. That's not a good sign. Even when we WIN those 3 look terrible.

All the other players that many like to bag will look fine once we get a decent coach.

We don't need a full rebuild. We need a new coach, football department and some new philosophies at
Collingwood. We need a like beverage. Hearing bob Murphy talk about his coach being the veteran of the universe is not something I think it players can relate to.

Our list is good. We need 3-4 pieces and it can be great. But the most important thing is to find a coach that they players want to make their centre of the universe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need one or two key position pieces and a bit of tinkering to the game style and structures as opposed to a full rebuild. The 'dogs for example were a ramble under McCarthy, however there wasn't huge list changes from that group to their premiership team.

The dogs had high draft picks like Bont Macrae turn into stars... We need a few years of high draft picks like that to relaunch

We don't need a full rebuild. We need a new coach, football department and some new philosophies at
Collingwood. We need a like beverage. Hearing bob Murphy talk about his coach being the veteran of the universe is not something I think it players can relate to.

Our list is good. We need 3-4 pieces and it can be great. But the most important thing is to find a coach that they players want to make their centre of the universe.

What do you mean our list is good? Clubs like Melbourne and the Saints have gone past us with better young kids and a younger list...

What do you mean our list is good? Clubs like Melbourne and the Saints have gone past us with better young kids and a younger list...

gone past us because they bit the bullet and went full rebuild, from
Coaches to list. Our list, with a better coach would be playing finals. With a better coach, we'd find a way to make do with the talent at our disposal.

List is fine, at least from a young talent perspective, but it's being totally mismanaged on so many levels it's just woeful.

Fitness; How many players are unavailable for senior selection at the moment? It's more then 10, in round, 2, ******* HELL.

Coaching; This is every aspect, not just the senior coach. Goal kicking = below AFL standard, Field kicking = below AFL standard, Structure = Terrible and way too easy for any competent opposition coaching group to pick apart.

Board/CEO/President; All in this together. So we have an AFLW team, a netball team, a shiny new glashouse, a top class training facility. YOU KNOW WHAT? ALL OF THAT MEANS NOTHING IF THE BLOODY SENIOR s**t HAS BEEN s**t FOR FOUR YEARS IN A ROW.

Sweep the club, from top to bottom, everything must go, it's a Franco Cozzo sale this.

I don't agree. I still think the list is fine. It's easy for players ot look bad under a s**t coach.

No one was talking up the Dogs list as a premiership one 2 years ago. But suddenly a good coach comes along and the players play for him and they suddenly have a great list? Yeah no.

I think a legitimately good coach would do wonders for many of our seemingly "poor" players.

In my eyes, the only ACTUAL terrible players we have are:

- Smith
- Maynard
- Blair

These are 3 players whom the coach has full faith in and gives them opportunities week in week out despite having no good reason to and they STILL look terrible. That's not a good sign. Even when we WIN those 3 look terrible.

All the other players that many like to bag will look fine once we get a decent coach.
List is fine.. coach is garbage.

People need to understand good coaches bring the best from players.

That's why blokes who couldn't get near the ball under Buckley performed as premiership players under Malthouse aka... Toovey, Dawes, caff, Wellingham ect..

Buckley is toxic to some blokes.

Who do you guys think we should go for. I really rate Dew and Ratten. I could see us going for Roos.

The dogs had high draft picks like Bont Macrae turn into stars... We need a few years of high draft picks like that to relaunch
Treloar as a young player is already a star and we also have Hoskin-Elliott, Aish and Broomhead as high draft picks with potential. Whether they turn out to be stars is unknown, but it's too early to write them off.

I agree with the OP.We've gone down the Richmond path by topping up with mediocre players from other clubs,rather than building the list from the bottom up.It didn't work for them and it won't work for us.And Hine's squandering of three top ten draft picks hasn't helped the rebuild either.

We need Sam Mitchell to do a Leigh Matthews and come over to Collingwood as senior coach

He has the winning and leadership of a 10 year successful time at the Hawks enduring 2 rebuilds and continued list turnover with ultimate success 4 times

It won't be the same as a Voss Hird , Buckley apointment IMO as he is not a favourite son of our club

But we need to get him to the club asap , otherwise he will be the senior coach of the Hawks in 2 years , Clarkson won't last if rejuvenation plan doesn't come off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back