List Mgmt. That sobering moment when...

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley letting go Cloke pales into insignificance when compared to:
MM - dumping Betts, Garlett, Laidler, Waite and picking daisy and so many other top up duds
Roos - dumping Howe, picking Dawes, and Harry

Buckley will not regret trading Cloke like the above coaches did with their list changes.
Why not acknowledge that Buck has done a great job at turning Howe around, and he was right to trade Cloke who was not prepared to toe the line and lose weight or do the extra work required? Oops that doesn't suit your agenda - sorry

I think that one was down to Mark Neeld.

What about MM cutting Sav Rocca, Paul Williams and Mal Michael?

I despise MM as much as anyone, but picking fault in this area whilst at Collingwood is rather rich. To be burned 3 times across an 11 year career is a mighty record.

FWIW losing Williams gained us Holland and Clement, tick. Morrison, cross.

I despise MM as much as anyone, but picking fault in this area whilst at Collingwood is rather rich. To be burned 3 times across an 11 year career is a mighty record.

FWIW losing Williams gained us Holland and Clement, tick. Morrison, cross.
Delisting Sav who kicked 98 goals two years previously?

Delisting Sav who kicked 98 goals two years previously?

He never kicked 98 in a season and his best (93) was in 1995 so whilst it's a good attempt at re-writing history to suit your agenda it doesn't change my POV.

I admitted MM made three errors Sav being one, Morrison another and Mal Michael the third with that one a bit tough given Mal and Taz needed to be split up.

I don't have a sympathetic bone in my body toward MM, but I'll at least criticise him for legitimate reasons and this is not one. For instance Clarko is the best coach I've seen, but he made almost as many errors in one off-season as MM did in his 11 seasons with us. Go as hard as you like at him in any other area, but this is too much.

The only thing Freeman ever had in common with Dangerfield was speed and build. Outside that they're completely different players, Danger being a contested beast, and Freeman being as outside as they come. People got too easily sucked in by comparisons in the media.
Freeman was a bad call. I'm not talking about injuries, he's s**t.

We had a glimpse of him in a couple of ressies games & all he did was seagull.

Then seagull again looking for another chip.

Freeman was a bad call. I'm not talking about injuries, he's s**t.

We had a glimpse of him in a couple of ressies games & all he did was seagull.

Then seagull again looking for another chip.

Not only a seagull, but a seagull with s**t footskills... and the worst thing is there's about 10 high level AFL talents taken in the next 15/20 picks. (McCarthy Cripps Jones Dunstan Crouch Hartung McStay Merrett Taylor Lobb) ... it's a huge miss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back