That was Pathetic

Remove this Banner Ad

dees01

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2000
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Last night's effort was nothing short of awful. I know we had plenty of injuries and the umpiring wasn't great, but still, we were woeful. For a start, White should not have played. I am going to say Melbourne were SOFT. They did not go for the hard ball. The delivery in to the forward line was a joke. A lot of our goals were flukes. The Bulldogs were not great, it was our bad play that cost us dearly. I said in a post earlier this week, if they don't win this they are not the real deal. Nothing has changed my mind on that. I really fear for our lives next week. 80 points plus would not surprise.

tell me about it!

i was there... and i was nothing short of leaving half time... of course I DIDN'T coz i never leave before the final siren but in all seriousness Melbourne played so bad that i couldn't believe we only lost by 30 points!
injuries didn't help... and i agree with u dees01 that Whitey was not fit and shouldn't have played... for the first time ever i'v seen him go down time after time in the ruck.
we couldn't aim or grab a hold of the ball and that just made me so mad that all i could do is sit there and shut my eyes and pray a miracle will happen and we'll actually win the ball!
there were some happy times like seeing Johno back on the ground and playing very well considering the circumstances, and whelan... only second week back and already doing a fantastic job! woey back in form and robbo... NOT a one game wonder!
anyways.... the game overall was shocking and i just hope that this lose was a god sent in that we will pick ourselves up and beat the bombers (i have been saying since the begining of the year that we will beat them by the way).

GO DEES! :)

We were pathetic. I know we cant make excuses but we were a bit stiff with injuries. Green hurt his arm, Ward, Collins, Walsh and White(who shouldnt have even started) all got injured.

Nietz was hopeless. He's gotta take a good look at himself. I really havent seen him play too many good games. I dunno whether its his confidence or what, but he got beaten fair and square on Friday by a rookie, Luke Penny. He sometimes plays well in patches and puts in the good game every now and then but needs to be WAY more consistent for us to be successful.

The only good signs were that Godfrey played a top game, Robertson continued his good form(esp 1st half), and even tho he made a few mistakes Nicholson looks as if hes improved a fair bit. Whelan was also good.

Whole team needs to lift 500% if were gonna have half a chance against Essendon. The injuries will make it tough.

In all honestly I though both teams played a shocker.
I was at the game, and the only reason I wasnt pissed off with the game is because the dogs were leading the whole way.
I thought Robbo, Kicked some freakish goals, Yze played a good game, I dunno who was on him, but whoever was on yze, they gotta get a long lecture by terry wallace, coz I thought when melbourne had the ball, atleast 30% of the time yze was left open.
For the Doggies, I was disgusted and that was the Worst game Johnson (Brad) has played for 3 years. Being a bulldogs fan, I should know their weakensis. and brad Johnson kicked 1.5.11 in the second quater and on any other given day he woulda atleast got 6.1, or 7.0, because he also kicked one out on the full. What do use mean the white shouldnt have started because of hes knee injury. All the way through the week I was saying if white doesnt play we have a chance (thats because I thought dees were gonna play better) But at it turned he played some good parts in the game, but he was too outclassed by Luke Darcy, not because darcy is better, only because White was only 80% fit.
But I still would've played him, because yas needed some height in the mid-field.
Melbourne will certainly lose to essendon next week but it wont be by 80 points dees01, i reckon scores will look something like this.
Essendon 24.13.157 defeat Melbourne 14.11.95..... 62 points points. LoL. Yas will have no chance, hopefully yas come good again, the only reason I want RED MELBOURNE TOO DO WELL IN THE LATER PART OF THE YEAR IS BECAUSE I WANT TO PLAY YAS 2 WEEKS IN A ROW. royal blue ROUND 22, BEAT YAS THERE AND FINISH 6TH, MELBOURNE FINISH 7TH, AND KNOCK YAS OFF THERE. GO DOGS!

Bit hard on Neitz their Pump. I was giving him heaps during the game but I read in the paper that the poor bloke had blurred vision thanks to Robbo poking him in the eye at the start of the game. No wonder he could not hold any marks.
As much as I hate to agree with you X_Box_X, I think that scoreline could be close to the actual result.

Melbourne are SO SOFT ..WEAK AS...

Who, in our team apart from Schwarta and Farmer and Walshy, aren't always looking over their shoulder??

Harsh aren't I?? But everyone else thinks so, so I am not alone. The media have been pushing this since Fri. night.
Sorry guys, but its true.
I don't mind losing, but crickey this is a basketball team, not football team!! I was embarrassed at the G/F and very embarrassed Friday night.
We need my StormBoys to help show my Demonboys mental and physical toughness!!!

We need to recruit some toughnuts next year and not athletes!!

Originally posted by BIG POPPA PUMP
Nietz was hopeless. He's gotta take a good look at himself. I really havent seen him play too many good games. I dunno whether its his confidence or what, but he got beaten fair and square on Friday by a rookie, Luke Penny. He sometimes plays well in patches and puts in the good game every now and then but needs to be WAY more consistent for us to be successful.

That is way harsh on my poor neita.

It didnt help that robbo poked him in the eye and he had a burst blood vessel. couldnt really see out of his left eye at all. the problem was we didnt have anyone to replace him.

He'll do ok, he needs to get his confidence back and he'll be alright.

Originally posted by dee_girl9

That is way harsh on my poor neita.

It didnt help that robbo poked him in the eye and he had a burst blood vessel. couldnt really see out of his left eye at all. the problem was we didnt have anyone to replace him.

He'll do ok, he needs to get his confidence back and he'll be alright.

Sorry dee_girl but you can't be leanient with everyone:(. Nietz rarely plays a very good game and until he strings 4 or 5 really good games together I wont change my opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back