Opinion That's it - I'm done!!!

What would it take for you to rule a line, and say "AFL can go * itself"?

• Total voters

Crowstar

Club Legend
Jun 1, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lost complete and utter faith in this coaching panel.
Until changes are made and assistants are shown the door this club will be soaked in mediocrity.
We ridicule clubs like Carlton and Richmond but we are no different ourselves.
In fact we are worse, we sabotage ourselves by performing not bad enough to warrant a decent draft selection but nowhere near good enough to ever be considered a genuine flag chance.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
True that
Karma has hit Kurt good and proper now
Do you reckon. For Kurt it was always about the money and the money only. He's a mercenary with no club affiliation or loyalties. He will sit comfortably in retirement as one of the most overrated players for $ value in afl history.

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you reckon. For Kurt it was always about the money and the money only. He's a mercenary with no club affiliation or loyalties. He will sit comfortably in retirement as one of the most overrated players for $ value in afl history.

Counting the $$$$'s no doubt.

Most people know when he they have either underachieved or not made the grade.

Here's hoping once he's not an AFL player he realizes he's a s**t person as well

Friends for life ???? Pfff

Yeah no, Majority of the crowd are Richmond fans. No excuse to abandon ship.

I think part of the problem is this mentality that pervades our club that assumes that people who owe them nothing are obligated to continue forking over their hard earned without any expectation of good practice or, god forbid, success. Fans have no obligation, no responsibility towards a privately owned club. At some point they'll realise it and the whole racket will fall.

Richmond members atleast have the ultimate control over their club.

Messiah

All Australian
Mar 16, 2006
smallville
AFL Club
Adelaide
What would it take for you to say "That's it - I'm done!!!"?

Do you think the AFL is a corrupt organisation which manufactures results/success to certain individuals/teams for 'feel good' stories (no you can't trade another first rounder - no wait, yes you can).

Do you think the drafting/trading/free agent system produces systematic bias against non-Vic clubs?

Are you sick of 'homesick' campaigners leaving all the time, and the way the media portrays them? (Lever vs Gibbs vs Ablett)

How many more young stars can we lose before it's enough?

For me, if Lever goes, I'm ready to say "**** it" and give up on the AFL for a while. If Gov went too, it would be a long while. What's the point of becoming emotionally involved with the 'building' of a team, if it's not feasible/sustainable, and the players don't actually care which club is paying them the money?

I love footy, love the Crows, but hate the current state of the competition regarding team-building and loyalty.

I am done with all the crap Crows supporters. No wonder Vic media often make comments on how Crows supporters are worst of the lot. Casual reading of any of the threads on first page here confirms this. Compare that with any of the other boards and there is no comparison.
What a bunch of whinging, sniveling cry-babies you are. If the players are even 1% as pessimistic as you lot that is 1% too much.
Mods please delete this account. I am done here.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
I agree. Player movement needs to be a two way street.

At the moment it is heavily weighted in their favour.

The players union have cherry picked all of the good stuff from US sports without taking the mechanisms that protect the clubs/franchises.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Let them get privately owned and see what happens. Probably can't happen soon enough.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
The problem with Afl is that there is so much interpretation by the umpires and the competition is massaged by the afl to cause the outcomes they want which makes them the most money. The players also have too much power which has caused clubs having to overpay generally mid tier players at the expense of the younger players. Afl is the most inequitable league in the world. The fact we are having an even year is extraordinary. I would like 17 rounds, play each other once with a bye at the end. Then 5 weeks of finals. Also would like less bs media talk which seem to hijack the season every year.

Apr 20, 2004
Regional VIC
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I thought this was going to be a meltdown thread related to MacKay's selection! I, for one, won't stop supporting the Crows, unless they become a Norwood affiliate or suchlike (which would hopefully never occur).

I think I'm about as close as I could be.

Perpetual failure during our 'open window' seasons married with poor practice and a complete and utter refusal to acknowledge problems or change.

What's the point?

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The problem with Afl is that there is so much interpretation by the umpires and the competition is massaged by the afl to cause the outcomes they want which makes them the most money. The players also have too much power which has caused clubs having to overpay generally mid tier players at the expense of the younger players. Afl is the most inequitable league in the world. The fact we are having an even year is extraordinary. I would like 17 rounds, play each other once with a bye at the end. Then 5 weeks of finals. Also would like less bs media talk which seem to hijack the season every year.

You do realise why we get the media talk

Supply and demand!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rave Slave

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2004
Your Underwear
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Dick Slapperman
I'm not that far off to be perfectly frank. Not just with the Crows but the entire sport in general. I've probably enjoyed this year of AFL less than any other year and that includes our early start.

You've got blokes going into tribunals with character references from politicians and celebrities, you've got certain teams running around with nothing but 1st round players and a back log of reserves who are also first round players and who've had a bottomless pool to choose from of first round talent. We go to video review for a behind, we go to video review for the sake of the drama and we make a decision and refer it to 'the big screen' so everyone in the ground can watch 5 seconds of advertising to throw up some manufactured tension.

The administration changes rules, changes rules, changes rules and then changes them again. I used to despise reading posts from supporters saying 'the game used to be better' but by coincidence I watched the GF between Brisbane and Collingwood (the close one - not the thrashing) and the calibre of football was outstanding and thoroughly enjoyable to watch. Even though I'm a neutral I genuinely enjoyed the product I was watching.

My biggest gripe however, is undoubtedly that the club I love appears to be absolutely clueless in keeping up with the manouevres of the powerhouse teams in the competition. Whether it be a fault of our own or the system, we seem to lose elite talent at less than market value whilst being unable to attract A grade talent.

Further to that, we lack the ruthless edge to ship 'solid players' off or delist them, instead rewarding them with games and allowing them to become 100, 150 and 200 plus gamers and thus making up the fabric which defines our football club. We don't move on coaches, we continually recruit people because they're 'our people' rather than 'the best people' and we then wonder why we never seem to score an invite to the big dance.

Club needs a cleanout, AFL administrators need to leave the game alone and fans need to vote with their feet.

Last edited:

MarcusP2

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Let them get privately owned and see what happens. Probably can't happen soon enough.
That's a major difference. When the players strike the billionaires that own the clubs in the NFL/NBA/MLB laugh while the players go broke - they have even locked out the players! If there were no games being played here the clubs would go bankrupt.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
That's a major difference. When the players strike the billionaires that own the clubs in the NFL/NBA/MLB laugh while the players go broke - they have even locked out the players! If there were no games being played here the clubs would go bankrupt.

The AFL would go bankrupt.
And all the good player would go home to Wafl, SANFL, Vfl.
You could go to every game again and have a proper 50/50 crowd atmosphere.
I would prefer it personally.

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah no, Majority of the crowd are Richmond fans. No excuse to abandon ship.
Good song then ?

No
I admire the stickability of Tigers fans but playing a home game against Collingwood at a stadium that holds 100,000 isn't an option available to all of us

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
They are Drago....we are Rocky

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That is so close to the truth it's just not funny anymore.
When is the last time anyone - and I mean ANYONE - arced up over anything ?

Too nice
Too polite
The banana throwing woman was a classic example
We handballed that to Port
Was there any follow up on it ?
Nope - and we should have.

It's almost as if we don't want to make a fuss but someone carrying on in a corporate box - oh nah - we'll go to town on that and e mail EVERY member !

Don't think I could stop supporting the Crows. Too much passion. Losing key players and feeling pain shows how much it means to us.
Would only make the jubilation of winning a flag even more amazing after all we have been through as supporters.

2005 - Saints loss
2006 - prelim loss
2009 - right in front of me
2010 - Neil Craig terrible team
2012 - hawks umpiring prelim, lose Tippett
2013 - failure
2015 - loss of Walsh, Danger, semi
2016 - Sydney semi
2017.. McGovern/Lever..

2018 flag? Would be ecstasy.

I start the year so optimistically
... every year

FFS where are you Footy Gods !!!!!!

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am done with all the crap Crows supporters. No wonder Vic media often make comments on how Crows supporters are worst of the lot. Casual reading of any of the threads on first page here confirms this. Compare that with any of the other boards and there is no comparison.
What a bunch of whinging, sniveling cry-babies you are. If the players are even 1% as pessimistic as you lot that is 1% too much.
Mods please delete this account. I am done here.
Make sure you take a jacket with you. It gets cold out at Panther park.

Rabman

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Arsenal.
I'm not that far off to be perfectly frank. Not just with the Crows but the entire sport in general. I've probably enjoyed this year of AFL less than any other year and that includes our early start.

You've got blokes going into tribunals with character references from politicians and celebrities, you've got certain teams running around with nothing but 1st round players and a back log of reserves who are also first round players and who've had a bottomless pool to choose from of first round talent. We go to video review for a behind, we go to video review for the sake of the drama and we make a decision and refer it to 'the big screen' so everyone in the ground can watch 5 seconds of advertising to throw up some manufactured tension.

The administration changes rules, changes rules, changes rules and then changes them again. I used to despise reading posts from supporters saying 'the game used to be better' but by coincidence I watched the GF between Brisbane and Collingwood (the close one - not the thrashing) and the calibre of football was outstanding and thoroughly enjoyable to watch. Even though I'm a neutral I genuinely enjoyed the product I was watching.

My biggest gripe however, is undoubtedly that the club I love appears to be absolutely clueless in keeping up with the manouevres of the powerhouse teams in the competition. Whether it be a fault of our own or the system, we seem to lose elite talent at less than market value whilst being unable to attract A grade talent.

Further to that, we lack the ruthless edge to ship 'solid players' off or delist them, instead rewarding them with games and allowing them to become 100, 150 and 200 plus gamers and thus making up the fabric which defines our football club. We don't move on coaches, we continually recruit people because they're 'our people' rather than 'the best people' and we then wonder why we never seem to score an invite to the big dance.

Club needs a cleanout, AFL administrators need to leave the game alone and fans need to vote with their feet.
Maybe if the coaches would stop playing a congested style of game, the AFL wouldn't every year have to make changes. is it their fault all the players run to one part of the ground, cant kick goals, cause congestion? You seriously complaining about the concession GWS were given, how about praising them for how they have developed their players, Gold coast got the same picks different story, explain how you would of started GWS off.

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
If we don't win the flag this im doing it. im fed up. 27 years of being a member comes to an end.
I will just watch the games on Fox and get the occasional GA ticket to a game.
I am with you Bro.

My Hawks going through this Premiership drought, is killing me. :thumbsdown:

Back