Opinion That's it - I'm done!!!

What would it take for you to rule a line, and say "AFL can go * itself"?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

well that's something to look forward to at least, after those two we're almost back to us :(
Surely they give Carlton and Essendon another turn before us... of course then GWS and Gold Coast need one.... they don't give a s**t about Freo so we might get one before them.

This isn't a new thing either.

Brisbane (Fitzroy) 2001 - 57 year drought
Sydney (South Melbourne) 2005 - 72 year drought
Geelong 2007 - 44 year drought
Footscray 2016 - 62 year drought
Richmond 2017 - 37 year drought

Watch for Melbourne or St Kilda to pop up next.
All droughts break eventually. Even if the last two years feel a little "who's next".

The players are not the club. They come and go. The movement of players will be more common in the future.

The league itself is heavily weighted towards commercial outcomes ahead of making the sport better. I have come to terms with this a long time ago.

For me my "that's it" moment would be if our club were to be involved with systematic doping on the scale Essendon were. That was club sanctioned cheating involving the great majority of the players. And yes I firmly believe the players were complicit in the program. They had to be given its scale.

If the AFC ever did something like that my love for supporting the club would evaporate and I would feel little need to actively support another club. I would probably still watch a few games on TV but that would be the limit if my involvement. The passion would be gone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great post. That's exactly where my bottom line is too.

This isn't a new thing either.

Brisbane (Fitzroy) 2001 - 57 year drought
Sydney (South Melbourne) 2005 - 72 year drought
Geelong 2007 - 44 year drought
Footscray 2016 - 62 year drought
Richmond 2017 - 37 year drought

Watch for Melbourne or St Kilda to pop up next.
It isn't a coincidence west coast and Adelaide won premierships shortly after entering the competition either. What better way to boost publicity in those states.

It isn't a coincidence west coast and Adelaide won premierships shortly after entering the competition either. What better way to boost publicity in those states.

You could argue that GWS would have added to that list as well if they didnt lose players during their 2016 Prelim. They had Sydney covered easily if they made it to the GF.

West Coast - Flags in 6th & 8th years
Adelaide - Flags in 7th & 8th years
Port Adelaide - Flag in 8th year

GWS will probably win one soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Free agency is what they wanted. Now we have to deal with it.
This isn't free agency... This is players dictating to clubs what they want without giving the required service.

Here we have mfc offering a player 900k..they need to be able to trade 900k worth in currency... Going by history.. 2 first rounders. Nothing less.

This isn't free agency... This is players dictating to clubs what they want without giving the required service.

Here we have mfc offering a player 900k..they need to be able to trade 900k worth in currency... Going by history.. 2 first rounders. Nothing less.
Welcome to 4 months ago.

So it seems is that all it would take is for Geelong to win the flag, and we'd have 32 supporters left

Hyperbole at the time about Lever, Gov, Charlie going; overpaying for Gibbs; ablett getting home for free; interstate clubs being pillaged. Now not far from the truth.

I was wrong - I'm still here.

Back