That's OK interstate fans, no need to express gratitude for your MASSIVE debt to Victoria.

Could AFL exist without Victoria?

• No, it would collapse into a meaningless husk of its former self.

• Why would you even want it to?

• Yes but it'd be a sad joke, much like the backwater states surrounding Victoria.

• Jack Watts - Proud Victorian. 'Nuff Said. <mic drop>

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah you guys really "grew the game" by developing John Blakey's son then funnelling him onto your list. Absolutely no way the kid would've touched a footy without your blessed academy, gosh we're so lucky your franchise is making such grand sacrifices for the greater good! :drunk:
That guy is weird AF, you can have him if you want. Tell you what, we'll trade him to you for your entire draft plus Burton.

By that metric there were two players drafted from Tasmania
Ben Brown lined up for us in the Grand Final.
Does that mean we had an extra player on the field?

Ben Brown lined up for us in the Grand Final.
Does that mean we had an extra player on the field?
Unless the extra was in the centre square in the second half I doubt it made a difference

No need to, but I’m going to thank you anyway, for all the champions you’ve sent to Brissy: Patrick Karnezis, Lewis Taylor, fast moving mark-taker Josh Schache, and the Barometer immediately spring to mind. Come on interstaters, get around the OP, show him some love and yes, gratitude!

No need to, but I’m going to thank you anyway, for all the champions you’ve sent to Brissy: Patrick Karnezis, Lewis Taylor, fast moving mark-taker Josh Schache, and the Barometer immediately spring to mind. Come on interstaters, get around the OP, show him some love and yes, gratitude!
Michael Voss, Simon Black, Jason Akermanis, Jonathan Brown, Justin Leppitsch - all proud Victorians.

You're welcome.

Michael Voss, Simon Black, Jason Akermanis, Jonathan Brown, Justin Leppitsch - all proud Victorians.

You're welcome.
And Lethal.

And Fitzroy's carcass.

Simon Black was born in Mt Isa, QLD.
...which probably took inspiration for its name from Mt Eliza in Victoria. As usual it all comes back to the gigantic debt you owe our proud state. :rolleyesv1:

...which probably took inspiration for its name from Mt Eliza in Victoria. As usual it all comes back to the gigantic debt you owe our proud state. :rolleyesv1:
Yeah well place names aren’t my strong suit but what I want to know is where are all the other interstate fans showing their gratitude? Where are the Crows fans thanking Victoria for Josh Jenkins? The Giants fans thanking you for Jon Patton and Devon Smith? The Suns fan expressing gratitude for Alex Sexton? And that’s just from this year’s Bottom 50, this could go back decades if anyone else could be arsed.

Yeah well place names aren’t my strong suit but what I want to know is where are all the other interstate fans showing their gratitude? Where are the Crows fans thanking Victoria for Josh Jenkins? The Giants fans thanking you for Jon Patton and Devon Smith? The Suns fan expressing gratitude for Alex Sexton? And that’s just from this year’s Bottom 50, this could go back decades if anyone else could be arsed.
And Cola, don't forget your Cola at the start of this century.

So the big excuse for your ingratitutde is that others are equally ungrateful? :rolleyesv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the big excuse for your ingratitutde is that others are equally ungrateful? :rolleyesv1:
Looks like other interstaters can’t be bothered offering their gratitude/ingratitude, more’s the pity. All I get in return for my generosity are posts from a couple of AFL-era one-flaggers, one of whom seems to be still too drunk to write properly (fair enough), and the other of whom apparently has nothing else to write so why doesn’t he post it already?

As always, interstate franchise dependence on Victorian talent is obvious for all to see.

...except fans of SA, WA, QLD & NSW franchises are typically silent when it comes to thanking us for supplying all their best players. Don't worry guys - we Victorians understand your reluctance to admit without us your teams would be hollow shells & your states would be devoid of football worth watching.

We've been carrying footy in this country on our Victorian backs for over a hundred years, so this is merely business as usual. Your thanks are uncessecary. :winkv1:

Irony of you posting this about teams and debt. Remarkably, North Melbourne have no Debt
Thankyou Victoria, the State of Western Australia is eternally indebted to you for producing one single player deemed worthy enough to be selected for one of our teams.
My thoughts exactly.

Lets not forget back in the end of 1986, The VFL was broke. The VFL needed money from Brisbane and your mob didnt they?

how much was it? 8 million? So 4 million from both eagles and brisbane

Lets not forget back in the end of 1986, The VFL was broke. The VFL needed money from Brisbane and your mob didnt they?

Lets not forget that any strife the VFL was in paled in comparison to the WAFL, which despite two substantial government bale outs was unable to afford to keep the few grounds it was still operating mowed. Or the shitters cleaned.

So they came to a dirty deal with the Perth rich kids club to feed substantial bribes into the WAFL clubs to get the vote up, then instantly onsold the license they had begged to get done quickly to the same Perth rich kids for a multi million dollar profit. Without which the WAFL would have promptly ceased to exist and it's directors may well have ended up in jail.

The unseemly alliance between the bankrupt WAFL and the Victorian weak sister clubs to get it all done quickly pretty much scuppered any chance of a sensible outcome.

Lets not forget that any strife the VFL was in paled in comparison to the WAFL, which despite two substantial government bale outs was unable to afford to keep the few grounds it was still operating mowed. Or the shitters cleaned.

So they came to a dirty deal with the Perth rich kids club to feed substantial bribes into the WAFL clubs to get the vote up, then instantly onsold the license they had begged to get done quickly to the same Perth rich kids for a multi million dollar profit. Without which the WAFL would have promptly ceased to exist and it's directors may well have ended up in jail.

The unseemly alliance between the bankrupt WAFL and the Victorian weak sister clubs to get it all done quickly pretty much scuppered any chance of a sensible outcome.
Yes I understand. North are now debt free and will obliterate the AFL in 2022

Back