The ‘we love you Clarko’ thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

It will be hard to get used him not being there in charge, and the 'choccies', and the 'silverware', and the 'soldiers' and the 'polish'

Congratulations on a legendary time, and legacy. Legend of the game.

Clarko came under heat for flying all the way to Las Vegas to meet Buddy in the off-season 2013 but for me this sums up the length (literally) he's prepared to go for the club. Think he did the same to meet a potential recruit in Carlisle, too. I couldn't imagine any other current coach doing the same. But with that said, does anyone else notice all his proteges – Hardwick, Fagan, Beveridge, Bolton, Simpson -- conduct themselves in a very Clarkson-like manner in their pressers?

Last edited:

Remember sitting at the 'G' in late 2004 think what on earth am I doing here and what the hell as a side and club are we doing .
Then a few months later we appoint Clarko and all day was callers into SEN irrate at the appointment .

What a class act , what a legend. We have been so lucky to have him as our coach and leader .

Always got the players to play for him - inspired loyalty by being a father figure to a lot of the young men who played under his leadership

Always was up for a challenge, never backed down when things didnt work out, thats when he worked harder to get things back on track

Demanded 100% effort

Great Coach and Person.

Thank you Clarko.

If this ends up Hawthorn's Norm Smith moment, we'll remember to blame Jeff and his board.

Jeffrey is from the Liberal National Party - if you weren't sure that he doesn't do truth, care, or give a flying * what you think about him (or live or die) just check his Twitter or Bruce Ruxton-like shitferbrain quotes that he spews to the mainstream.

It's time the old campaigner grabbed a blanky, nustled up to a crackling fire and doused himself in kerosene.

He's been there most of my life to be honest. In my memory there was about 4-5 years of Schwab and then it's been Clarko ever since. It only really hit me this year when guys on here were posting a few rumours that people inside the club wanted him out that it was actually possible, that Clarko wouldn't actually coach the Hawks forever. 3 months later and here we are. What a ride it has been.

Will just never forget the 2011-2016 period. Obviously there were nerves at times, but you could be fairly confident about winning each and every week. As an Adelaide resident, I never could attend as many games as a lot of you guys but the ones I did, I remember so fondly. There was one at the Dome in 07 or 08 when Buddy kicked 9 against the Dons on a Saturday night. The 2012 prelim, the 2012 Sunday arvo game when we beat GWS by 30 odd goals. So many memories, I posted about the 2015 period when we knocked off our two hottest competitors for the flag that year in two weeks, Freo and the Swans.

I could carry on for ages but wow you just don't realise how much he means to everyone on here. What a man he has been for this club. Without him, where would we be at? Could be a team like the Blues or North. Can't wait to one day visit the statue at Dingley. Thanks Clarko. You are truly a legend of the sport.

Clarkos first breakout game was against the lions round 5? 2005 against premiers 2001-03 lions (but without Voss if my memory serves.

I cbf looking this up just my memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back