Unofficial Preview The “Getting Way Too Ahead of Ourselves” Thread - Sponsored by lid manufacturers everywhere

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently every time two teams have started the year 6-0 they’ve played off in the GF.
Not sure they had the same calibre teams below them though. Port Adelaide are bloody good and Richmond and Cats full strength are very very good sides that are a chance to get within 5 goals of us..

Going to be a high quality too 8 this year. Could potentially have a bottom four of the eight made up of Richmond, Brisbane, West Coast and Sydney, three of which would have been flag favourites before the season and Sydney as we’ve seen are dangerous on their day (although they seem to have been found out). Will be very little separating 1-8 IMO.

"Even though Weideman and Brown kicked a combined 36 goals between them in the Casey game, we were probably most impressed with Dawes exemplifying the 'Melbourne way' with his hard-earned 9 possession and 1 tackle game. He didn't trouble the scorers but his attitude was first rate".

Right. We need somewhere where we can dare to dream. Be as obnoxious as you like.

For example: when we make it to the Grand Final, I’m pulling out and wearing my 2013 members’ scarf. Every supporter needs to know that I was there in our darkest days.

And if we pull it off, I’m getting it framed with my signed MFC jumper that will then be retired from wear.

I'm stitching together my 2007 to 2017, 2019 and 2020 scarves (sans 2008 - think I got a tie instead that year) and will be wearing it as 'the cape of disappointment' all week post GF if we get up.

I'm stitching together my 2007 to 2017, 2019 and 2020 scarves (sans 2008 - think I got a tie instead that year) and will be wearing it as 'the cape of disappointment' all week post GF if we get up.

And then set it ablaze while running naked down the street if we win?

"Dawes form in 3rd grade ammos was too hard to ignore. Brown and Weids will just keep working on their craft and when an opportunity arises, they'll be ready"
Dawes is more likely to bring the ball to ground than any other player seeing as how we are eliminating any chance of him marking it.

And then set it ablaze while running naked down the street if we win?

Don't think anyone needs to see that :tearsofjoy:

Obviously would be impossible but would love to get it signed by Gillies, Georgiou, Terlich, Magner, Weetra, Bode, Davis, Riley, Taggart etc - some of the legends of the era!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a long season and you’re not going to play a great game every week. So it’s great when you have an off week and can still get a win.

7-0! How f***ing good!!!

Think i might skip this game though when watching the season highlights on our premiership video..

The s**t win we needed to have.

2/3 of our squad are 25 y.o. or younger. That bodes well for the next few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back