The “I’ve Watched the Grand Final 10+ times and it’s the best part of 2018” thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doashuey

All Australian
AFL Club
West Coast
Scores tied and level are different things. Scores tied, well at least to me, means same goals and points and scores level is just the same total score. So scores were tied.
If that's the case then he still got it wrong. Should have been- " scores are level.. in fact they are tied."

Avalor

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
I liked BT's insightful 3/4 time statement........."the scores are tied ...in fact they're level". Classic BT.
(Or is it Carey......?)
Haha.....yeah, I laughed my socks off at that that. I kept saying to the the TV screen, " they're the same thing, you clown."

RookiePick

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
I love that despite some of our players having a few "true to type" moments - Jack's dropped sitter, Masten missing a soda, Shuedog being caught holding the ball, multiple times in a final against Collingwood - we got the job done.

That's right all you campaigners out there. All the things and players that were gonna hold us back from ever contending did their thing and we still took home #4. So fragging good

fomoco04

1992, 1994, 2006, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Deportivo, Man U
Watched it again last night on Fox. Im deep into double figures now.

Wife’s over it but.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stewpyd2

Team Captain
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread starter #87
I am amazed that that this thread that I drunkenly started on New Year’s Eve is still going.

I was too scared to look at the replies once I woke up on Jan 1.

It seems I wasn’t the only one hat enjoyed the GF multiple times and still can’t get over it.

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
So far, 3AW is better than 6pr. 6pr is just Brad Hardie complaining about anything that goes the Eagles way and willing us to lose (so it’s actually quite enjoyable knowing the end result) and Karl Langdon who’s ok, pretty inoffensive in general. 3AW had Tim Lane who I rate, Leigh Mathews, Matthew Lloyd and Jimmy Bartel. I’ll watch the MMM footy one in the next few days and see how that is. I know James Brayshaw’s in that one, but not sure who else.

Honestly though, as shit as channel 7 commentary is, I quite like some of Bruce’s calls, mainly cause it just reminds of the old 90s GFs when he was a good commentator, rather than the caricature of himself that he seems to be these days

Top Bottom