The “I’ve Watched the Grand Final 10+ times and it’s the best part of 2018” thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Carlton
That Fox Footy Were flying high eagles thing was brilliant. Only saw it last night. Goosebumps.

Loved all the players smiling at Sheeds goal

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
I've only just watched it now. It was good, but why have the commentators on there ? The show is about Simpson and the players. Surely, any self-respecting fan of AFL doesn't need those clowns pointing out the obvious.
Was good to see Collingwood lose again though !

HawkerHurricane

Inaugural Mount Barker Eagle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Crystal Palace F. C.
I was looking on the "West Coast Eagles Memes" fb page for a laugh, and when I saw the top picture, (posted last June when we lost 3 games after our 10 in a row), my eyes lit up, as I knew i had a picture of the same lads amongst my 2018 GF screen savers...
i put them together and tried to reply with it, but i was ignored..
thought it was too good to waste so bunged it up on here, good on ya fellas!

WCE2018.jpg

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Legit watching it right now. Stephenson just kicked his first, 2 goals to nil. Hope we can come back. Enjoying fat head Brad Hardies “special” comments

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
AFL Club
West Coast
I spent a lot of my life being haunted by Collingwood in finals, watching them beat us in overtime and knocking us out in straight sets in 2007, then beating us in finals in 2010 and 2011. Now we have beaten them in a grand final, I will never feel that way again. Now I feel pity. Haha! :cool:

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
AFL Club
West Coast
I was looking on the "West Coast Eagles Memes" fb page for a laugh, and when I saw the top picture, (posted last June when we lost 3 games after our 10 in a row), my eyes lit up, as I knew i had a picture of the same lads amongst my 2018 GF screen savers...
i put them together and tried to reply with it, but i was ignored..
thought it was too good to waste so bunged it up on here, good on ya fellas!

View attachment 664981
That pies supporter looks a good sport too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
What’s the deal with Karl Langdon?? Does he hate us, or is like Ricchuto who tries to be overly critical of the crows to try and make it seam like he’s impartial? Langdons quick to stick the boots in, but just seems like he’s still an eagle at heart listening to the way he calls the game. Calls it game over early, like I did when it hurt like f**k, and a fair few times he kind of calls out little things like “ball” or “that’s a throw” which is exactly what I do when I watch games, and none of the other commentators make any mention of them?? Just seems like deep down he still loves the club and watching them almost choke actually hurt. Everyone always says he’s a subi man and has no feelings for the eagles at all, but I sort of get the feeling he’s trying to hide his true feelings

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah that’s the feeling I get. He seemed pretty bloody excited at times as we get close and then get in front. I know that’s his job to make it as entertaining as possible, but some of his comments seem less measured and more reactive like a supporter rather than an impartial caller

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Watching the medal presentation, and it’s really odd how many double up of names we had in the side. Liam Ryan & Liam Duggan, Mark Lecras & Mark Hutchings, Jack Redden & Jack Darling, Tom Cole and Tom Barrass, Will Schofield and Willie Rioli. Maybe other premiership teams have had similar, and they are all pretty standard, common names but just seems like a lot in one team.

FKASC

Account Deleted
AFL Club
West Coast
Watching the medal presentation, and it’s really odd how many double up of names we had in the side. Liam Ryan & Liam Duggan, Mark Lecras & Mark Hutchings, Jack Redden & Jack Darling, Tom Cole and Tom Barrass, Will Schofield and Willie Rioli. Maybe other premiership teams have had similar, and they are all pretty standard, common names but just seems like a lot in one team.
Don’t forget Luke Shuey and Luke Priddis

herculez09

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
I just rewatched the highlights now.

I forgot how after the first five goals, it felt like it was always either 2 steps forward and 1 back or 1 forward and 2 back.

What an amazing victory.

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
My reaction to this grand final start compared to 2015 was significantly different. When Hawthorn kicked five in a row to finish the first quarter, I felt that it wasn't out day and we were done. When Hodge arsed that one from the boundary I'd given up. Last year, despite the 30-2 start I still didn't feel as though it was done. I knew that group wouldn't fold as easily. However I did feel like we absolutely needed to score before quarter time.

Top Bottom