The “I’ve Watched the Grand Final 10+ times and it’s the best part of 2018” thread

Remove this Banner Ad

every time I have a party at my place I chuck the replay on and put it on mute, has always been at least one pies fan around

it's great fun to watch stoned too, 1st quarter is scary though

Watched it around 10 times. The Kennedy around the corner kick to Sheed was so risky, although Sheed nearly has his head pulled off and no free. The Brereton/Lyon half time summation on Fox of the Prelim Final when Melbourne are being destroyed, it's too good.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

That Fox Footy Were flying high eagles thing was brilliant. Only saw it last night. Goosebumps.

Loved all the players smiling at Sheeds goal

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
I've only just watched it now. It was good, but why have the commentators on there ? The show is about Simpson and the players. Surely, any self-respecting fan of AFL doesn't need those clowns pointing out the obvious.
Was good to see Collingwood lose again though !

I was looking on the "West Coast Eagles Memes" fb page for a laugh, and when I saw the top picture, (posted last June when we lost 3 games after our 10 in a row), my eyes lit up, as I knew i had a picture of the same lads amongst my 2018 GF screen savers...
i put them together and tried to reply with it, but i was ignored..
thought it was too good to waste so bunged it up on here, good on ya fellas!

WCE2018.jpg

I was looking on the "West Coast Eagles Memes" fb page for a laugh, and when I saw the top picture, (posted last June when we lost 3 games after our 10 in a row), my eyes lit up, as I knew i had a picture of the same lads amongst my 2018 GF screen savers...
i put them together and tried to reply with it, but i was ignored..
thought it was too good to waste so bunged it up on here, good on ya fellas!

View attachment 664981
That pies supporter looks a good sport too.

What’s the deal with Karl Langdon?? Does he hate us, or is like Ricchuto who tries to be overly critical of the crows to try and make it seam like he’s impartial? Langdons quick to stick the boots in, but just seems like he’s still an eagle at heart listening to the way he calls the game. Calls it game over early, like I did when it hurt like f**k, and a fair few times he kind of calls out little things like “ball” or “that’s a throw” which is exactly what I do when I watch games, and none of the other commentators make any mention of them?? Just seems like deep down he still loves the club and watching them almost choke actually hurt. Everyone always says he’s a subi man and has no feelings for the eagles at all, but I sort of get the feeling he’s trying to hide his true feelings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that’s the feeling I get. He seemed pretty bloody excited at times as we get close and then get in front. I know that’s his job to make it as entertaining as possible, but some of his comments seem less measured and more reactive like a supporter rather than an impartial caller

Watching the medal presentation, and it’s really odd how many double up of names we had in the side. Liam Ryan & Liam Duggan, Mark Lecras & Mark Hutchings, Jack Redden & Jack Darling, Tom Cole and Tom Barrass, Will Schofield and Willie Rioli. Maybe other premiership teams have had similar, and they are all pretty standard, common names but just seems like a lot in one team.

Watching the medal presentation, and it’s really odd how many double up of names we had in the side. Liam Ryan & Liam Duggan, Mark Lecras & Mark Hutchings, Jack Redden & Jack Darling, Tom Cole and Tom Barrass, Will Schofield and Willie Rioli. Maybe other premiership teams have had similar, and they are all pretty standard, common names but just seems like a lot in one team.
Don’t forget Luke Shuey and Luke Priddis

I just rewatched the highlights now.

I forgot how after the first five goals, it felt like it was always either 2 steps forward and 1 back or 1 forward and 2 back.

What an amazing victory.

I just rewatched the highlights now.

I forgot how after the first five goals, it felt like it was always either 2 steps forward and 1 back or 1 forward and 2 back.

What an amazing victory.

I hope you had Eye of the Tiger cranked while watching.

My reaction to this grand final start compared to 2015 was significantly different. When Hawthorn kicked five in a row to finish the first quarter, I felt that it wasn't out day and we were done. When Hodge arsed that one from the boundary I'd given up. Last year, despite the 30-2 start I still didn't feel as though it was done. I knew that group wouldn't fold as easily. However I did feel like we absolutely needed to score before quarter time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back