The “I’ve Watched the Grand Final 10+ times and it’s the best part of 2018” thread

Remove this Banner Ad

stewpyd2

Team Captain
May 7, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
OK so I’m slightly drunk.

But as a long time mostly lurking bigfooty member, I just want to say I cannot stop watching the end of he 2018 grand final. I’ve watched it 50+ times.

I feel, tonight, we should all remember just how freaking awesome this year has been.

I’m not even sure what this thread is supposed to be. Perhaps another 2018 honarary thread.

watched the extended highlights of the match about 20 times.
watched the last 5mins about 50 times.
watched the "gov to vardy to ryan to sheed to immortality" passage of play about 100 times.

happy new year my fellow west coasters :):footy::rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching that goal again (and again...) I was initially noticing a couple of Pies supporters flipping the bird at our Dom as the camera shows him turn to the crowd after kicking "the impossible goal".
But there, on the fence, mid-screen, there is a single Pies supporter who makes eye contact and gives him the thumbs up.
Well played sir!

Watched 2018 GF yesterday again and noticed there were a quite a few near misses (missed goals) in the third quarter.
WC should of nailed the game by three quarter time but nothing beats seeing this at the last 30 or so seconds of the GF match - priceless

images (3).jpeg

Watched the last 5 mins too many times to count, and the entire GF 5 or so times . It will never get old :hearteyes:

Sheed from the boundary, needs to be perfect and he is. He's got the most impossible goal. Unbelievable.
Happened on my side of the ground :D

have watched it so many times my family have disowned me and am banned to the nearby caravan park until I make a full recovery. I am officially a piece of Premiership-hungover trailer trash but Mcloving it as I swagger through the front gates with arrogance and a takeaway pizza...?

Last edited:
Every single player in that side has a story; each had to fight through stints of on/off-field adversity in order to 'wear a medal around their necks'. How many were written off at different stages of their careers?

We have the best stadium in the country, a kickass guernsey, rejuvenated list and unified squad under a stellar, family-oriented coach...

The West Coast Eagles were reborn in 2018.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back