The “I’ve Watched the Grand Final 10+ times and it’s the best part of 2018” thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Watched it again New Years Eve, every time I watch it when Simmo walks onto the field for the first time and JJK gets his medal I tear up...Every time, love it.
It was so important, so great, that JJK got a medal before he exits-another player who kept our hopes alive through all that slumpy kulcha wooden stirring implement period.!!
I finally got my black on black eagles cap for Xmas, the first club merchandise I've owned in all these decades,
apart from the 3 Premiership DVD's!?

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Watching that goal again (and again...) I was initially noticing a couple of Pies supporters flipping the bird at our Dom as the camera shows him turn to the crowd after kicking "the impossible goal".
But there, on the fence, mid-screen, there is a single Pies supporter who makes eye contact and gives him the thumbs up.
Well played sir!
Yeah saw that, I was impressed as well.

Eastcoasteagle

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
I love that Yeo goal, we finally took the lead and sitting in the crowd on the day I believed we'd win it. Watching it back for the 50th time, the camera work of that goal gets me fist pumping and jumping off the couch. And Yeoy absolutely loves it!!!

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
The last 20 seconds when Bruce McAvaney starts calling it like we can’t lose. Awesome. I don’t think I have ever cried with happiness but I came close on the day.

russ

Team Captain
Sep 15, 2003
back in town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
It was so important, so great, that JJK got a medal before he exits-another player who kept our hopes alive through all that slumpy kulcha wooden stirring implement period.!!
I finally got my black on black eagles cap for Xmas, the first club merchandise I've owned in all these decades,
apart from the 3 Premiership DVD's!?
you know there's 4 premiership dvd's right :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was stoked for JK, and Masto , but I was even more thrilled for LeCras/Hurn/Schofield. They were all on our list during the mid 2000s era. LeCras goes out on a high and Hurn has become a deserving premiership captain in the twilight of his career. Schofield played well (at least as well as poor Shepp probably would have) and walks away with a deserved premiership after being loyal fringe for much of his career. I am glad that Graham got a flag with us as an assistant after his 2006 heartache.

The hard luck stories are NicNat/Shepp (I feel for Gaff too, just not as much as the other two. He is also more likely to have time on his side) , but most of all, Priddis :(

SirKarl0s

Team Captain
Jun 10, 2018
C-137
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Still love Vardy's last quarter goal. After Collingwood kicked the first 2 goals in 2 minutes it looked like the Pies were going to run away with it. That goal stemmed the bleeding and got the team back in the game.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Yep was pretty happy JK gets a flag.

Been a star for years!

Cemented the fact we won the Judd trade the fact we got the very best of Judd and JK and flags from both is brilliant!

We got Masto a flag too

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
FFS update you signature already :'(

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
you know there's 4 premiership dvd's right :/
yes, not including the current one of course...am fully gorged on that! will need a break before buying it.
Dvd's are almost ancient history now..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back