The “I’ve Watched the Grand Final 10+ times and it’s the best part of 2018” thread

I love that despite some of our players having a few "true to type" moments - Jack's dropped sitter, Masten missing a soda, Shuedog being caught holding the ball, multiple times in a final against Collingwood - we got the job done.

That's right all you campaigners out there. All the things and players that were gonna hold us back from ever contending did their thing and we still took home #4. So fragging good

giphy-downsized-large.gif

fomoco04

1992, 1994, 2006, 2018
Jun 18, 2007
West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Deportivo, Man U
Watched it again last night on Fox. Im deep into double figures now.

Wife’s over it but.

stewpyd2

Team Captain
May 7, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
I am amazed that that this thread that I drunkenly started on New Year’s Eve is still going.

I was too scared to look at the replies once I woke up on Jan 1.

It seems I wasn’t the only one hat enjoyed the GF multiple times and still can’t get over it.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
So far, 3AW is better than 6pr. 6pr is just Brad Hardie complaining about anything that goes the Eagles way and willing us to lose (so it’s actually quite enjoyable knowing the end result) and Karl Langdon who’s ok, pretty inoffensive in general. 3AW had Tim Lane who I rate, Leigh Mathews, Matthew Lloyd and Jimmy Bartel. I’ll watch the MMM footy one in the next few days and see how that is. I know James Brayshaw’s in that one, but not sure who else.

Honestly though, as s**t as channel 7 commentary is, I quite like some of Bruce’s calls, mainly cause it just reminds of the old 90s GFs when he was a good commentator, rather than the caricature of himself that he seems to be these days

Aug 12, 2014
P-town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
I've just watched the last 2 minutes (for the 45th time this year).
I think that moment when the crowd hushes as the ball sails of Sheed's boot and then when the roar starts to rise is the most spine tinglingly terrific moment I've ever seen in footy.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Notice when the siren sounds . Masten is caught holding the ball . Because lecca immediately launches at Kennedy the significance of Masten caught being hugged by a Collinvwood player is missed . Masten is most likely the highest ever player caught HTB so this ending goes to a great script .
Screenshot_20190410-193951_Gallery.jpg

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Notice when the siren sounds . Masten is caught holding the ball . Because lecca immediately launches at Kennedy the significance of Masten caught being hugged by a Collinvwood player is missed . Masten is most likely the highest ever player caught HTB so this ending goes to a great script .View attachment 652892
He gets face planted into the turf- could argue for an "in the back" free.

You are right that he gets caught HTB a ridiculous amount of times. Last week when he put the arm up to fend-off degoey I knew he was about to be pinged.

Jul 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, West Perth
Every now and then it crosses my mind that if someone told me barely a year ago that we would play Collingwood in a grand final, I would have almost been assured of a loss because it would be at the G. From not beating them there for 20 odd years to doing it twice in a year, there's something even sweeter about that than a win against any other team.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Watch it pretty much every week. Had watched it 4 times in the first 12 hours.

Watched the last 3 quarters weekly and the last q countless times.

The last 6 minutes of so ..... i think youtube has a server just for me....

This thread has given me an idea of what im going to do leading up to todays game.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Watch it pretty much every week. Had watched it 4 times in the first 12 hours.

Watched the last 3 quarters weekly and the last q countless times.

The last 6 minutes of so ..... i think youtube has a server just for me....

This thread has given me an idea of what im going to do leading up to todays game.
F80B4261-9748-40BC-ABB1-910D8E4D83EA.jpeg

Me in the reg grundies - kennedy just kicked one from the pocket...

NO SPOILERS ALRIGHT!!!

Back