Universal Love The “I told you so” thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I said in 2014 Dom Tyson wasn't that good a kick and was smashed for it.
4 years on no one still thinks he is a good kick.
you also said Weid was a spud

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you just took a glancing look he has a pleasing kick on the eye. Like those draftees who kick it and they edit it to remove where it finishes Tyson would look every bit the the #2 pick

One of my biggest takeaways from the semi final is that David Mirra has the best kicking action I’ve ever seen. It’s just that they didn’t always hit their target.

I just sliced my thumb from pressing the report button so vigorously through my screen

This is all very confusing. Am I an individual now or are we a collective? I feel like avatars are the only thing that count in here. No one cares what you post.

What are we having for dinner?

This is all very confusing. Am I an individual now or are we a collective? I feel like avatars are the only thing that count in here. No one cares what you post.

I was banksy, now I'm one of those North Korean soldiers who endlessly parades around for their leader.

What are we having for dinner?

imitation gruel screencap (1).jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right. While all of you orgasm over Trac.

Clayton Oliver.

Everyone on here is his biggest critic but Christ, can you all just sit back and watch him last night again? Generating time and space constantly. He had one shocker handball to Gawn, but I’ve worked out he is doing the Ablett-at-GC handball and run where he dishes off to generate space for himself to clear.

This kid, seriously, is the best midfielder I’ve ever seen at Melbourne.

I've been a Weidsman since day dot.

Kid just needs time and continuity. Lovely lead, long straight kick and can get involved around the wings. His physicality has gone up a notch as the main man with Tmac out. Crashes a lot of packs and is lovely to watch when he gets a run and jump at it.

Kid just needs time and continuity. Lovely lead, long straight kick and can get involved around the wings. His physicality has gone up a notch as the main man with Tmac out. Crashes a lot of packs and is lovely to watch when he gets a run and jump at it.

It's remarkable how a kpf can have heaps of talent, a great mark, great kick, be creative, and lead well but won't have much of an impact until they add the physical side to their game. Weid is a version of Jack Watts that learned how to crash packs.

to me he has been the big story of the last 2 weeks but seems not much coverage

I felt in 2018 we looked better with him than hogan in. The side - is high might explain some of our stranger draft selections since then LOL

He's playing a completely different brand of football than what he had shown previously. You can have believed all you want but this Weid is a far superior Weid than what we had seen previously.

Even the Geelong final, he didn't attack the ball and contest like this, he played pleasant football. Seems like a man who knew his chances were running out and decided to throw caution to the wind, said I'm going to play like a ******* animal. And I love it.

Last edited:
Right. While all of you orgasm over Trac.

Clayton Oliver.

Everyone on here is his biggest critic but Christ, can you all just sit back and watch him last night again? Generating time and space constantly. He had one shocker handball to Gawn, but I’ve worked out he is doing the Ablett-at-GC handball and run where he dishes off to generate space for himself to clear.

This kid, seriously, is the best midfielder I’ve ever seen at Melbourne.

God bless the media for telling him a ball can be disposed of in two varieties, using your foot to propel the ball through the air covers distance far more quickly and allows you forward line more opportunities to flourish in one on ones.

David King and Derm should be honourery Melbourne members for getting him back on track.

Why can’t we all just get along like we used to in middle school and allow key talls at least 6 or 7 years in the system before judging them.

So that would include you from refraining to call them guns after 10 games also I assume? 😂

But if you’re talking about Weideman he clearly had gun forward craft from day 1 - anyone could see how natural of a forward he is. The rest is always going to take time unless you’re Hogan but I’d still take a Weid over someone like Boyd, Schache or McKay who are all just big

Don’t think I’ve called anyone a gun, I just reckon they can play a role

Harrison Petty is top 10 pick talented

Weid is better than Charlie Curnow.

Two I remember specifically. 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back