Universal Love The “I told you so” thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Harrison Petty is top 10 pick talented

Weid is better than Charlie Curnow.

Two I remember specifically. 👍
i don’t even rate Weideman that highly, I just don’t rate Pedo. I wish we’d picked Curnow but Weideman and Pedersen bring about the same amount to the table at this stage. People on this board severely overestimate Pedersen’s ability at this stage of his career. He’s not the player he used to be
Also I didn’t say Petty was a top 10 talent,I said he was as good as you’d hope for a first rounder to be if you were downgrading from 18 to 35 for Lever and it’s not worth getting upset about draft number.

might need to get your memory checked amigo

Did you read the post you quoted? That was always the criteria. And obviously I’m not comparing Weideman to players drafted at 22+ like Lobb and brown, hence the first year exclusion. Weid is fine. Different kind of player to Curnow, who’ll end up better in the long run but mostly for his ability up the ground.

Can find literally dozens of posts from before the draft up until 2018 of me saying that I’d prefer curnow over weid and that curnow is the second best player from that draft behind Oliver lol

I really don't care, just saying everyone is entitled to judge or have an opinion of players early in their careers. No one needs to sit on their hands for 6 or 7 years before passing judgement.

You'll have those who are extremely positive about players and you'll have those who want to see more. There is no right or wrong answer. It's an opinion, nothing more.

I really don't care, just saying everyone is entitled to judge or have an opinion of players early in their careers. No one needs to sit on their hands for 6 or 7 years before passing judgement.

You'll have those who are extremely positive about players and you'll have those who want to see more. There is no right or wrong answer. It's an opinion, nothing more.
You clearly do care because you bring it up once a week ;)

Man, Schache is the worst though

He's like a soft Jack Watts-lite
Yeah Schache sucks, just a bizarre pick. Don't know why forwards like that were so vogue (McCartin as well) for a few years there.

But maybe I should wait a few years before passing judgment.

what do I bring up once a week? My strong opinions? Mate I do that multiple times a day.
No, me apparently thinking weideman is a gun lol or better than Curnow, which again I've literally only ever said the opposite of. Hate to break it to you but you're not the only person with strong opinions.

No, me apparently thinking weideman is a gun lol or better than Curnow, which again I've literally only ever said the opposite of. Hate to break it to you but you're not the only person with strong opinions.

I don't care, like I said. You expecting people not to pass judgement for six years is pretty out there. That was my point.

I don't care, like I said. You expecting people not to pass judgement for six years is pretty out there. That was my point.
Not really out there, it's pretty standard practice in the industry I'd say. And it clearly wasn't the extent of your point and you very much do care but I'm not here to psychoanalyse.

Not really out there, it's pretty standard practice in the industry I'd say. And it clearly wasn't the extent of your point and you very much do care but I'm not here to psychoanalyse.
Mate, we are football fans with emotions, not cold as ice list managers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, we are football fans with emotions, not cold as ice list managers.
Sure, but I still don't see how it's fun to constantly pile on kids like Oscar and Weid when they're 20 and apparently acknowledging their strengths and potential in spite of struggling is seen as 'declaring them a gun' and I like many others on here get bored of the endless negativity we direct at each other. Pretty clearly we all rate our eye for the game, otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum talking s**t for no return lol.

Sure, but I still don't see how it's fun to constantly pile on kids like Oscar and Weid when they're 20 and apparently acknowledging their strengths and potential in spite of struggling is seen as 'declaring them a gun' and I like many others on here get bored of the endless negativity we direct at each other. Pretty clearly we all rate our eye for the game, otherwise we wouldn't be on this forum talking sh*t for no return lol.

The conversation is starting to bore me cause you're going it somewhere that i wasn't intending it to go.

I happily acknowledge when I'm wrong always have, don't play favourites, if blokes like Weid and Oscar play well I'll say it. Not going to ignore form like they've been able to put together lately.

It's just like how I loved the May trade for Hogan at the time, said May was ******* gun, yet ive been shitcanning him heavily up til this week.

The conversation is starting to bore me cause you're going it somewhere that i wasn't intending it to go.

I happily acknowledge when I'm wrong always have, don't play favourites, if blokes like Weid and Oscar play well I'll say it. Not going to ignore form like they've been able to put together lately.

It's just like how I loved the May trade for Hogan at the time and have been shicanning him heavily up til this week.
I've just noticed a repeated pattern of you inventing a lot of ideas in your head whenever someone disagrees with you or says something which disagrees with your view on things which I find alarming. I'm not saying that you're not accountable.

I've just noticed a repeated pattern of you inventing a lot of ideas in your head whenever someone disagrees with you or says something which disagrees with your view on things which I find alarming. I'm not saying that you're not accountable.

Lol. I'm actually trying to explain to you how my mind works but you're not listening Dr. G2B. Stop trying to diagnose me and listen instead.

My opinions can change week to week. Always have always will.

Lol. I'm actually trying to explain to you how my mind works but you're not listening Dr. G2B. Stop trying to diagnose me and listen instead.

My opinions can change week to week. Always have always will.
Maybe I'll just wait for your memoirs, ideally after Weideman has won a Coleman.

I still don't see how it's fun to constantly pile on kids like Oscar and Weid when they're 20
Really? I ******* love it.

Soon as Pickett, headband, rivers etc. slip up I'll be all over them, can't wait.

Maybe I'll just wait for your memoirs, ideally after Weideman has won a Coleman.

I'll write them in my own s**t just so you can tell everyone that you always psychologically profiled me as a nutcase, Dr G2B.

Right. While all of you orgasm over Trac.

Clayton Oliver.

Everyone on here is his biggest critic but Christ, can you all just sit back and watch him last night again? Generating time and space constantly. He had one shocker handball to Gawn, but I’ve worked out he is doing the Ablett-at-GC handball and run where he dishes off to generate space for himself to clear.

This kid, seriously, is the best midfielder I’ve ever seen at Melbourne.
I mean, Oliver isn't even the best mid at Melbourne right now

I mean, Oliver isn't even the best mid at Melbourne right now
He's also only ever going to be as good as his teammates. As much as I love him he's nothing like that Fyfe/Dangerfield type that isn't a great kick but is so explosive or such a good mark that they win games off their own boot. Oliver is better when his teammates are holding their width so he can use his hands after his brilliance with the ground balls, but it's simultaenously true that a) Harmes, Petracca and Viney are more damaging mids and b) Oliver makes them look a lot better by doing the dirty work, but that dirty work isn't going to win games without a well coached midfield.

where were you when I needed you :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back