List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I've mentioned before that I'd be keen on Taylor Garner from North ... turns out he might be going REALLY cheap!

If he spends weekends away crawling around Double Bay establishments, not sure we can afford his salary demands. And how does one get into a fight in Double Bay? Must have been a very heated craft beer discussion.

If he spends weekends away crawling around Double Bay establishments, not sure we can afford his salary demands. And how does one get into a fight in Double Bay? Must have been a very heated craft beer discussion.
A hearty debate over if the citrus notes, or the spice notes are more prevalent

I can see it as possible. Its close enough to get some of the Kings Cross overspill

A hearty debate over if the citrus notes, or the spice notes are more prevalent
Reminds me - I went to a colleague's housewarming a few weeks back. Not really a friend, but the woman sort of latched onto me a few weeks back and made me feel that if I didn't go then she would be emotionally destabilised, so I buckled and promised to make an showing for a bit.

On entering I was asked what I wanted to drink by partner of said woman. He was clearly pushing me towards some style of hideous 1980's punch that everyone was trying not to see. So I divert him and say "just a beer will do me, thanks". A minute later he thrusts on me some foreign beer that I'm not familiar with. Weird thing was someone had decorated it with a slice of kiwi fruit and half a strawberry pushed into the neck. I don't even know where to go with that kind of unacceptable behaviour.

Reminds me - I went to a colleague's housewarming a few weeks back. Not really a friend, but the woman sort of latched onto me a few weeks back and made me feel that if I didn't go then she would be emotionally destabilised, so I buckled and promised to make an showing for a bit.

On entering I was asked what I wanted to drink by partner of said woman. He was clearly pushing me towards some style of hideous 1980's punch that everyone was trying not to see. So I divert him and say "just a beer will do me, thanks". A minute later he thrusts on me some foreign beer that I'm not familiar with. Weird thing was someone had decorated it with a slice of kiwi fruit and half a strawberry pushed into the neck. I don't even know where to go with that kind of unacceptable behaviour.

Would have been an excellent opportunity to quote Lock Stock.

Old mate's broken nose would suggest he can hold his own I'd say

If he punches like he kicks, chances are he was aiming for the bloke next to the guy who ended up with the broken nose.

I can see it as possible. Its close enough to get some of the Kings Cross overspill
With the Sydney lockout laws, fringe places like Double Bay became new bar and club areas. Also The Sheaf Hotel in Double Bay has had a terrible reputation for decades - a classless destination for people who wish they lived in Double Bay. My guess is he was at The Sheaf.

I'd be a "no" on Taylor Garner. For a guy of his size and apparent talent to put up the numbers he regularly does (e.g. mid teens possessions, not even a goal a game) at 25 isn't good enough. I know he's always coming off injuries, but that's another good reason to avoid IMHO.

With the Sydney lockout laws, fringe places like Double Bay became new bar and club areas. Also The Sheaf Hotel in Double Bay has had a terrible reputation for decades - a classless destination for people who wish they lived in Double Bay. My guess is he was at The Sheaf.

lol
As someone who had mates who liked to frequent the Sheaf back in the early naughties, that's a pretty fair assessment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old mate's broken nose would suggest he can hold his own I'd say

Sign him up. If all our players including our most skilled, are all gutsy minded, rather than the mortins and benny;s. We will be far far better off.

They don't have to start, or even fight in games, but they sure as hell need to be niggling and intimidating our opponents, on-field.

edit. Ha. I thought you were serious, count. I just researched Garner. And read the story of his indiscretion.

I think I might pass on him, this time, County.

Last edited:
ANB is a better kick.
Langdon would be a waste of money, he's the exact player who looks good in a winning side and s**t in a losing one. Hawks got Henderson for free doing the same thing as Langdon. StKilda have about 15 players like him we could probably get for nothing

Apparently you guys are into Ed. Whilst I think he does a lot of things really well which are not your strengths, he is also a pretty ordinary kick. Not sure you'd warm to him. Having said that, he is MUCH better than any outside players you might pick up at the Saints that isn't Billings or Gresham.

Also, if you thought you could get S.Hill on the park, getting both Hills would take you guys to another level (on last year). Of course we'd be royally ****ed if we lost all our wingers but them the breaks I guess.

Apparently you guys are into Ed. Whilst I think he does a lot of things really well which are not your strengths, he is also a pretty ordinary kick. Not sure you'd warm to him. Having said that, he is MUCH better than any outside players you might pick up at the Saints that isn't Billings or Gresham.

Also, if you thought you could get S.Hill on the park, getting both Hills would take you guys to another level (on last year). Of course we'd be royally ****ed if we lost all our wingers but them the breaks I guess.

Would absolutely love him providing we don't do something stupid and give up a 1st rounder.

Your first this year is overs. Mid teens would be a good result for us.
If our first this year ends up where it is now, around pick 20, that'd probably do it I'd think given Melbourne took slight unders to get Hogan where he wanted to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back