List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't given too much thought to our potential trade and free agency targets but one player that immediately comes to my mind is Tom Cutler from Brisbane. He's a tall, skilful and quick utility type. Reckon he would be a good fit as I think we do need another outside player particularly one that has good speed and ball-use. He's out of contract this year I believe and he's not in Brisbane's best 22 atm but is pushing for selection. Hopefully we're looking at him because I think he would be terrific value for our team and he wouldn't be expensive to bring in.

Surely Dees will have a crack at Zac Jones?

Whilst his skills are not amazing, you really need to inject some leg speed into the midfield.
I'd prefer Tom Cutler from Brisbane personally as I think he's got both skills and leg speed and he doesn't play inside like Jones does. I reckon Cutler would be a better fit for us in terms of need and would come cheaper. I've heard the Saints are interested in Jones and I think he would be a good fit for your team. From what I've heard you've also got a fair bit of money to spend as well.

I'd prefer Tom Cutler from Brisbane personally as I think he's got both skills and leg speed and he doesn't play inside like Jones does. I reckon Cutler would be a better fit for us in terms of need and would come cheaper. I've heard the Saints are interested in Jones and I think he would be a good fit for your team. From what I've heard you've also got a fair bit of money to spend as well.
Tom Cutler might be a nice cheap option, but I'm not sure why you'd prefer him over Jones.

Jones would make an immediate impact whilst Cutler wouldn't even be guaranteed best 22.

Yep, apparently we are keen and I agree he's be a good fit for us also. Seems to have made the move from the back flank to the midfield work. He's a good mix of inside and outside and able to break away from a stoppage.

Tom Cutler might be a nice cheap option, but I'm not sure why you'd prefer him over Jones.

Jones would make an immediate impact whilst Cutler wouldn't even be guaranteed best 22.

Yep, apparently we are keen and I agree he's be a good fit for us also. Seems to have made the move from the back flank to the midfield work. He's a good mix of inside and outside and able to break away from a stoppage.
Yeah it wouldn't be guaranteed that Cutler would be in our best 22 but tbh I reckon there would be a pretty good chance he'd be in our side atm. We were desperate to bring Kade Kolodjashnij into our side which we did very early in round 2, but he was clearly underdone and is now out of the side with concussion symptoms which he had struggled with before he came to us. Cutler would play a similar role to KK I reckon and would've had a better preparation going into this season, so I would've liked his chances to be playing right now if he was at our club.

Anyway, Jones is certainly the better credentialed player no doubt and has been best 22 at the Swans for a long time but yeah personally I'd prefer we recruit Cutler in terms of need and cost. Onto the Saints, they've had a pretty awesome start to the year and although there is a long way to go I reckon if you do make finals and have a positive season, it will go a fair way to helping your club become an attractive destination for prospective trade and free agency recruits. Good luck with the rest of your season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming we end up with an early pic, just use that on the best available (hopefully a speedy mid who can actually hit a target) and go all-out for a free agent (if we haven't spiralled so badly that no other player would want to come to us ...)

Coniglio is the dream result. Jamie Elliott would be nice as a damaging small forward. Is Brandon Ellis any good? I know he's got some toe but isn't regarded as a great kick. And Adam Tomlinson has become a really strong performer and would add to our squad imo.

Assuming we end up with an early pic, just use that on the best available (hopefully a speedy mid who can actually hit a target) and go all-out for a free agent (if we haven't spiralled so badly that no other player would want to come to us ...)

Coniglio is the dream result. Jamie Elliott would be nice as a damaging small forward. Is Brandon Ellis any good? I know he's got some toe but isn't regarded as a great kick. And Adam Tomlinson has become a really strong performer and would add to our squad imo.

Can't see jamie leaving the pies, he signed an extension last year. Would love him though, he would instantly make our forward line more dangerous.

I would like to see us take some high risk high reward players later in the draft as well.

Whos everyone willing to trade? Our midfield is just all the same wouldnt mind tryna get a few early picks this year with Lewis and probably Jones retiring Hibberd and Jetta coming to an end. Cant see a Coniglio coming to us after our year or even Martin unless we pay them way overs. Thing is we have * all of value past the top 5 or 6. If Weid did want to leave whats his value? Brayshaw joining up with his bros in the west with Mundy winding down? Freo even have a first this year?

Salem, Brayshaw, Oliver, T.McDonald, Lever, Gawn, Melksham would be my absolute untouchables. Everyone else has their price.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back