List Mgmt. The “St Kilda Are Interested” 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blitznu

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
So whats the deal with using a first in a 4 year period? Can we or cant we trade ours? Is it 2 1sts in a 4 year window? Cause we havent used any in 3 years and this 1 will make it 4. Or did that rule start a year or 2 after? Dont want to get to where we need to use 2 next year and fall behind 8ball by trading future 1st just to use 2 next year in what i read was a pretty weak draft

Hotdees

All Australian
Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
So whats the deal with using a first in a 4 year period? Can we or cant we trade ours? Is it 2 1sts in a 4 year window? Cause we havent used any in 3 years and this 1 will make it 4. Or did that rule start a year or 2 after? Dont want to get to where we need to use 2 next year and fall behind 8ball by trading future 1st just to use 2 next year in what i read was a pretty weak draft
We can trade this years but then would have to use one next year, unless we applied to the afl for permission to trade it

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
We can trade this years but have to use next years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheCount

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
Think thats from last year hey?
Ah yeah, you're right … I thought that originally, then something made me think it was recent.

So whats the 4 year requirement? 1 or 2 first rounders? We havent used 1 in 3 years(16,17,18)so if its a rolling 4 year thing then not using 1 this year is 4 years so how does that work? If ya missing 4 complete years then have to use it on the 5th isnt that a 5 year rule?? Got me f’ed
Yeah it doesn't make sense. It's supposed to be 2 picks over a 4 year period I thought, by that, even using our 1st this year we're 1 short aren't we?

blitznu

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ah yeah, you're right … I thought that originally, then something made me think it was recent.

Yeah it doesn't make sense. It's supposed to be 2 picks over a 4 year period I thought, by that, even using our 1st this year we're 1 short aren't we?
Yeah i cant get my head around it

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I thought that we had to use a first round pick this year but now I’m confused.

If GC don’t get that priority pick, I wonder if they’d trade our pick 2 for their first next year and steak knives?

That way they’d get access to the ‘best mates’ and we get a high pick (plus our own first round pick) in a better draft.. plus a shiny new set of steak knives!

Top Bottom