List Mgmt. The “St Kilda Are Interested” 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
This. We aint getting Clarko over as a senior assistant. Seriously, who are people expecting? Reckon bar his last 2 years, Richo overachieved with a seriously average St Kilda list.
Won 43 games from 126 and the ladder positions while in charge during completed seasons with St Kilda were 18th, 14th, 9th, 11th and 16th. They were 11th when he left this year. St Kilda's list isn't the greatest, but he certainly didn't do much with them, and mostly relied on the fading stars he inherited.

Maybe he's a good assistant, and the other positive for mine if this is true is that at least St Kilda play a completely different style of football to what we're currently serving up, but I wouldn't expect him to do much to inspire or motivate our players to get better. As someone else already said, whether someone makes a good assistant or not is like asking how long is a piece of string. We'll never know - Craig Jennings might be awesome but there's nothing he can do to curb Goody, or he might be crap or anywhere in between.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grimesy87

Team Captain
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't get the richo hate.

Bloke oversaw a rebuild after Scott watters drove them into a cliff, after already being an aging list post Ross Lyon. Then transitioned from reiwoldt and montagna, all while having (past 3 seasons) key players miss in the calibre of Roberton, Bruce, Carlisle, Steven, Webster, Geary and McCartin..

If you can categorically say he can not coach- while having interrupted access to his best players and a shallow list to start with, well you're a better judge than me.

At least his team's has a bit of effort and showed some pressure.

Top Bottom