List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
If we pick a player mid-season, are they on the main list or are they a rookie?

Also what is the minimum contract term, can we delist them at year end or are we stuck with them for longer?
A player on a short-term contract ending on October 31 the same year receives a minimum of $50,000, with a further $20,000 if they are not re-signed or picked up as a delisted free agent

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
So effectively a club in the VFL or Sanfl or wafl can lose a player with no compensation and just have to lump it . Sounds fair ! . What a system we have set up up !!

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
So effectively a club in the VFL or Sanfl or wafl can lose a player with no compensation and just have to lump it . Sounds fair ! . What a system we have set up up !!
Oh boo hoo.

Pretty much the same as how Sheffield United feel when Liverpool or Arsenal poach on of their players in January transfer? It's a big wide world out there, the vfl/sanfl clubs would still have the occasional scout out looking around too. Plenty of talent playing out Dandenong or similar if Casey lose a player...

The biggest bonus is some other 18-25 year old kid gets to live their dream on an afl list.

Christ the amount of whinging on here is bad lately.

I hate hearing rumours of us doing any talks with Freo for any player.

I’m not going to say who, or give any hints at this stage (source appeared solid but I’ve never met them before), but there are rumblings that one of our players wants to head to Freo for a fresh start. Not the end of the world if this player leaves but I like what they bring and would hate to see him go.

I’ll wait for more stars to align before elaborating.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Oh boo hoo.

Pretty much the same as how Sheffield United feel when Liverpool or Arsenal poach on of their players in January transfer? It's a big wide world out there, the vfl/sanfl clubs would still have the occasional scout out looking around too. Plenty of talent playing out Dandenong or similar if Casey lose a player...

The biggest bonus is some other 18-25 year old kid gets to live their dream on an afl list.

Christ the amount of whinging on here is bad lately.
Thats a terrible analogy.
They don't poach them they offer them money which can be rejected if the club wants.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

I’m not going to say who, or give any hints at this stage (source appeared solid but I’ve never met them before), but there are rumblings that one of our players wants to head to Freo for a fresh start. Not the end of the world if this player leaves but I like what they bring and would hate to see him go.

Aren't Brayshaw and Jetta our only west aussies

pjfairbairn

AFL Premiership Supporter, 2021
Feb 21, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
4 contested marks in a half, isn't that more than Oscar had taken all year?

I have to admit to being surprised at the quality of the contested marks. It's a shame he didn't do this more consistently, because despite the way he will be remembered he did have some ability as per the video

Guys it’s Steven May

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Joel Smith? I feel like he's pretty pissed at his injury and how it's been handled

Joel Smith? I feel like he's pretty pissed at his injury and how it's been handled
It’s not an obvious one. It’s not a disgruntled player either (that I’m aware of). It’s out of nowhere and I wouldn’t usually give it time, except I have confirmed how they WOULD have got their info, if it’s correct. Our trading relationship with Freo is heavily damaged so I actually doubt anything will happen unless it’s unsalvageable with the player.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’d like us to have a go at Karl Amon. He wants to come home and is exactly what we need, an outside player with pace.

Back