List Mgmt. The 2019 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I only saw the second half but he seems to have a few moments a game where he does genuinely stupid things that very few others do. Reminds me a little of the Toump and his moments of genuine fright that you don't expect a professional footballer to exhibit. When he had the ball in the 50 and decided to kick it back approximately 3 metres to Harmes, you really have to question what is going on in his head (if anything). Just a really poor option. I'm trying to recall the specifics but he had another gash moment in the final quarter that completely derailed an attack on goal. Another player who doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.
Its moment like the Harmes incident where i wish he was more selfish and just had a ping at the goals. Its almost like its been coached out of him to just play on instinct as he is always looking to pass it off at everyopportunity.

Its moment like the Harmes incident where i wish he was more selfish and just had a ping at the goals. Its almost like its been coached out of him to just play on instinct as he is always looking to pass it off at everyopportunity.
All our players are guilty of this. How many times do you see a stupid short pass or one too many handballs & ask your self why the original player just didn't have a ping? I've never see so many sure goals get fluffed due to over usage.

All our players are guilty of this. How many times do you see a stupid short pass or one too many handballs & ask your self why the original player just didn't have a ping? I've never see so many sure goals get fluffed due to over usage.

Hannan is our only forward who you think can kick a goal from a 50/50 opportunity. A quick snap or crumb. The rest of them are straight line forwards.

Personnel wise we are a bottom 4 forward line

its so everyone can have a lick of the ice cream. unfortunately they now all have herpes.

Hannan is our only forward who you think can kick a goal from a 50/50 opportunity. A quick snap or crumb. The rest of them are straight line forwards.

Personnel wise we are a bottom 4 forward line
Recently Hannan can barely get the ball onto his boot before someone's smothered it.

Monday was a perfect example. Infuriating how many times we'd get put into an open but uet decide to hanball back or side. By then we had over possessed the ball, and collingwood swarmed in for the kill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone needs a few weeks to find match fitness. He's still a very good player

Yeah, fair call. He has been poor these last two weeks but I'm happy to give him a few more games to find his form again given his injury.

I just hope he doesn't end up Melbourned eventually. We need his ability to find goals pretty desperately right now.

Hannan is also one of our only forwards when in form that has genuine forward craft; he uses space really well, gets separation on his defender, kicks opportunistic goals and takes the game on.

No wonder we rushed him back into the forward line really
He has always looked instinctive a natural goal kicker something badly lacking at the moment up forward, I don’t think he’s been done any favours being rushed straight back in just needs to get his legs back under him he’s very important long term I reckon.

Hannan is also one of our only forwards when in form that has genuine forward craft; he uses space really well, gets separation on his defender, kicks opportunistic goals and takes the game on.

No wonder we rushed him back into the forward line really

I was concerned how lacking in confidence he seemed on Monday, despite having missed most of the emotion-sapping losses this season..

I reckon we are screwed for atleast 2 years, until we can work out a game style and game plan, reshape the coaching and footy department, mini re-tool the list and get games into injured players again.

I wrote something on why it might make sense to trade Brayshaw. Many will disagree - some might not (Topkent I'm looking at you)

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/26952749/why-dees-dangle-angus-brayshaw-lachie-whiftield

Brayshaw personifies Melbourne's midfield issues - fantastic in the contest, tough as old boots and able to find the pill, but unreliable by foot. He has committed the 11th most turnovers in the league this year, with his disposal efficiency under implied pressure and physical pressure the second-worst and fourth-worst of the league's top 50 ball-winners.

But as a high draft pick coming off a third-place finish in the Brownlow, and in the prime of his career at 23, he would still command some serious trade currency if the Demons were so inclined.

I wrote something on why it might make sense to trade Brayshaw. Many will disagree - some might not (Topkent I'm looking at you)

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/26952749/why-dees-dangle-angus-brayshaw-lachie-whiftield

Brayshaw personifies Melbourne's midfield issues - fantastic in the contest, tough as old boots and able to find the pill, but unreliable by foot. He has committed the 11th most turnovers in the league this year, with his disposal efficiency under implied pressure and physical pressure the second-worst and fourth-worst of the league's top 50 ball-winners.

But as a high draft pick coming off a third-place finish in the Brownlow, and in the prime of his career at 23, he would still command some serious trade currency if the Demons were so inclined.

That's your article? Brilliant synopsis mate.
I don't think we can win a flag with Viney Brayshaw and Oliver together

Heh heh heh...'Seewang'.

But yes, nice article and all that also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back